gift idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewwife

Reaction score
Looking for a gift idea for my husband. I have officially ran out of ideas on home brewing things to get him. We have all the basics. Plus a pump, chiller, kegs, and all the measuring toys. I'm looking for a wow that's awesome kind of gift. Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Temp control fermentation.
Flask for yeast starters.
Stir plate for yeast starters.
Keezer/kegerator build.

Not knowing exactly what you have it's hard to give suggestions.
Good luck

Looking for a gift idea for my husband. I have officially ran out of ideas on home brewing things to get him. We have all the basics. Plus a pump, chiller, kegs, and all the measuring toys. I'm looking for a wow that's awesome kind of gift. Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Hello "Homebrewwife",
You are an extremely thoughtful wife. Your hubby is a lucky man. Could you give us an idea of a price range that you want to stay in? I can guarantee that you will get a bunch of good recommendations from all of us who have our own wish lists in mind!

I brew a lot too. But I only order by the 1/4 pallet. ;)

You could start him down the road of a diy glycol chiller for fermentation. A pH meter and/or ro system would be great.

What was your budget on this gift again?

How about a dedicate brew room with an electric 1 bbl brew rig?

Price range would narrow down the suggestions to a manageable list.

How about a custom sign for the brewing area with his name/name of his brewery?

Thank you guys for the ideas. I've googleing them all. I'd like to stay under the 200$ mark. I got him bags of grain and fresh hops for the last gift giving holiday. Interested in the yeast making idea. He has the custom signs and glasses. He built a Keg frig already. He has ALL the measuring toys. The sugar kaleidoscope thing. I really like nitrogen beers. Any thoughts on getting him the equipment for that.

Thank you guys for the ideas. I've googleing them all. I'd like to stay under the 200$ mark. I got him bags of grain and fresh hops for the last gift giving holiday. Interested in the yeast making idea. He has the custom signs and glasses. He built a Keg frig already. He has ALL the measuring toys. The sugar kaleidoscope thing. I really like nitrogen beers. Any thoughts on getting him the equipment for that.

I LOVE the term "sugar kaleidoscope thing." I'm never calling it a refractometer again!

Here's something that he might not get for himself but might be nice if you typically have more than one beer on tap: a flight taster board with little 4oz glasses on it - like this (no affiliation with this site - just liked the photo):

http://www.groomsmen.com/p/Glassware/GC1018.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_term=GC1018&gclid=CjwKEAjwns6hBRDTpb_jkbTv1UYSJACBhber3aFQWzl8QAnhhy8yI96MusigCmkXoUaHEZPMlcQWBhoCftXw_wcB

I want one of these badly but my wife made me promise I would let Santa bring it for me.

If he kegs, how about a Blichmann Beer Gun? It's a great way to transfer beer from a keg to bottles if you want to take some out of the house! I don't keg (yet) but when I do, I'll probably buy this at the same time.

Here is a link (under $100!): http://www.homebrewing.org/product....m=ProductAds&gclid=CKXBqbX1msECFc1_MgodpHQAFw

Also, I really hope your husband is commenting and giving recommendations on this thread. That would be funny!

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back