GF beer over the 4th...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dorklord

Reaction score
I found some (not homebrew) GF beer over the long weekend. Actually, it was really my cousin's work.

100_1136.jpg

It's a tough job, but I've been working my way through all this GF beer, just for you guys.

Reviews to follow.

It's a tad blurry. Was this your vision after 6 beers, or were you trying to share their effects with us? :D

I just took that picture, I don't know why it came out so blurry. My only theory is that my camera was drunk.

Anyway, from left to right,

Greens Dubbel
Shakparo (Sprecher)
Greens Amber
St Peters
Tolerance
Greens Tripel Blond

The greens dubbel is a bit roasty for my taste, but I think good. Shakparo is very interesting, it wasn't the style I was looking for the first time I tried it, but I had a sip of it last night with some Thai Curry and it was awesome, I think this is a beer that goes very will with spicy food.
Greens amber is just plain a good, general sort of beer. Great with grilled food.
St Peters...well, this one had a very strong (I've got another bottle I'm going to try this with). The initial taste is nice, fairly mild, but the aftertaste was strong and unpleasant (astringent?).

Tolerance...this one is one I hadn't heard of. Its made from just sugars, apparently, and it tastes more like a mixed drink than beer. It has NO body. It had a sort of fruity taste and didn't seem to have any bitterness (though it lists some hops on the bottle).

Greens tripel: awesome. It has a little Belgian spicy, funky flavor, but is light in body and easy to drink like a Tripel should be.

All in all, I'm VERY impressed with Green's, and it really makes me want to experiment with millet.

:D

I thought most of green's beer tasted a lot like wine. Maybe I tried them to soon after I had to go GF so I'll give them another shot. I really like St. Peter's. It might be because I have a less developed palate than most people here, I found out I was allergic to gluten before I turned 21 so I drank a lot of good beer but I never really got around to learning the off tastes, but it was really bitter and I really enjoyed it. It tasted like hops to me which is exactly what I had wanted. The only other beers I can get are Bard's, I think this beer is god awful, Redbridge, not bad just not a lot of taste or no taste, and New Grist. I like new Grist too but after about halfway through it tastes sweet and there are no hops. I miss hops the most. Still waiting for my first beer to ferment so I don't know how it will go. I plan on making another one tomorrow because I don't have anything to do on a Sunday.

Greens really makes some quite decent beers. I have been impressed with everything I have had from them. Makes me wonder what they are doing differently.

Greens really makes some quite decent beers. I have been impressed with everything I have had from them. Makes me wonder what they are doing differently.

My theory is that it's because they use multiple grains.

I plan on picking up some green's this weekend. The only place I can get it is whole foods and it's over an hour drive so I don't feel like getting any during the week.

Latest posts

Back