getting my hands on honey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctwtp

Reaction score
does anyone from the UK know where to get a hold of bulk UK honey? found a few places buts so expensive !

Well, it depends where you are (no county or area on your profile), but yes there are places.

My local bloke will do from half a pound upwards, so it depends on what you means by "bulk".

I generally get mine in 3kg buckets enough for 2 gallon batches.

his prices are from about £2.50 a pound.

Oh your talking about making mead? I thought we were talking about the stripper down the road... My bad!!!

well I'm in northamptonshire if thats any help. just can't seem to find local people or businesses that do.
was thinking 1.5kg to start and if its good I'll start doing 3kg

I'm also getting it at 2.50 a lb for local wildflower honey. I struggled to find anything for ages and ended up just going to the local farmers market, they usually seem to have at least one beekeeper there. Some seem willing and others not. I've had one say they wouldn't sell in bulk as they don't produce enough, but I recon if you explain that your trying to make mead and just need a few kilos you'll get somewhere.

Try searching google for your local beekeepers association or local beekeepers. They should be able to help you out.

i was aware of the nba but wasn't sure i could get more honey from over places and if you don't ask you don't get, thanks for the ideas

i was aware of the nba but wasn't sure i could get more honey from over places and if you don't ask you don't get, thanks for the ideas

Actually, it is the NBKA, not the NBA. The NBA is the National Basketball Association. You won't have much luck asking them for honey! :fro:

Oh and if you check the bottom of the page I linked, it looks like you are in the middle of a honey shortage! :eek:

Sorry to hear it, you might have troubles getting honey until next seasons harvest...

Back