getting just a little closer to kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Reaction score
well, i live in louisville, and the damn power is out...no idea when it'll get back on. so to warm up a little, i decided to walk around lowes check out freezers. i've seen on there i've liked, but figured i'd find one for sale, online, newspaper, through people i know...so i haven't pulled the trigger. been ordering kegs/regulators and other items in the mean time, just waiting for a freezer with the dimensions i wanted to fall in my lap. well it hasn't and while at lowes, i see the one i want is on clearance for about $20 off. so i snagged it up, they are bringing it over sunday morning (hope power comes on soon).

also i found out when i got to work today, my order from kegkits (never order from them FYI https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/online-ordering-rant-100024/ ) finally did ship, only 2.5 weeks past when they charged me, but it gets here monday!

so i have just one keg now, a freezer that can can hold six, regulators, a free CO2 tank (need to get it checked/filled). looks like i need some beer and air line, shank and forward sealing tap OH and temp control, and i can get this keg thing rolling! well for the time i might just buy a picnic tap and open the lid, until i get more kegs.

i can't wait for the day i have 4 beers on tap, and another 2 waiting in my very own keezer!

I used mine with picnic taps for 3 months before I bought faucets. The only downside to the picnic style is you open the lid a lot (well if you drink alot :) ) and I had to put damp rid in to keep it dry inside.

damp rid...add that to the list. well i only have one keg coming right now, haven't really looked around yet to see who has the best deal on used kegs. they all seem to be within a few bucks.

Back