Getting beer cross country

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leftyguitarjoe

Reaction score
I am visiting a friend of mine who lived in San Diego. I want to get him some beer that he cant normally get, namely some Nugget Nectar. Maryland (where I live) prohibits the shipping of alcohol and I wont be able to take a bottle on a flight with me. Is there any way I can share the greatness that is Nugget Nectar with my friend?

Many people, myself included, will still ship beer just not with USPS. Why cant you take it on the flight?

You can take liquid in checked luggage just not in carry on. Check with your airline but I have taken wine on flights in my checked luggage. Issue is getting it there without breaking.

You are allowed to check it. It is also not against the law to ship it via UPS or Fedex (against company policy, yes; against the law, no)

I take alcohol with back with me when flying home from almost every where. The method I use is just wrap the **** out of it with my dirty clothes and place in the middle of the suit case. Socks and shirts make excellent padding. I usually tape things together and padding using duct tape of box tape etc. I have brought home tons of liquor and beer this way. SO far nothing has broken. Maybe put plastic bags around stuff if you are worried, although I never have done this.

Back