Getting alittle backed up...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm kegging more than I'm consuming.Sad to say..I have two taps going and two in the secondary..Should I keg them with gas or should I leave them in the secondary?If I keg them, how long will they be good? I keep making more. I can't help it, I love brewing...

The best way to keep the beer is to go ahead and move them to your cornies.

By the way cornies make great secondaries!
How long they'll keep depends on a number of factors. Such as sanitation, exposure to O2 & light, plus the temp. the beer is stored at.

Good sanitation, reduced or no exposure O2 or light, keep the cornies cool and you should be alright for a long, long time.

Gas or no gas it really doesn't matter. But since you plan on storing them for a while I'd say hit them with a shot of gas then purge the pressure to push any O2 out. Many people hit & purge them a couple more times. I don't because I use the cornies as secondaries so they build up pressure on their on. I just pull the pressure relief valve a time or two inorder to make sure the cornie has sealed and to drive off any
O2 but whatever you're comfortable with is fine.

Maybe a bit more fiber in your diet? Maybe some Metamucil?

Huh? Oh, he's got too much beer! What? Huh? Too much beer? :confused:

There's a REAL simple solution to that problem!

Back