General Purpose Lab Co2 regulator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpmess

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just came up on a Harris specialty gas regulator at work. It's from grainger and seems to check all the boxes that the taprites, kegcos etc offer. It's rated for 3000lb inlet pressure and 0-50psi outlet. It has a CGA320 connection and is new in the box. I'm in the market for a regulator and hope to use this for my kegging needs. Anyone have any idea if this is safe to use for homebrew application?

Model info: KH1017
402C Series Specialty Gas Regulator, 0 to 50 psi

Sounds like a score to me. You'll need to get an appropriate fitting so you end up with a hose barb.

Holy cow that's a pricey regulator! I hope the OP received a humongous discount!
I can't imagine why it wouldn't work just fine for use with beer dispensing, though I would definitely replace the low pressure gauge with a 60psi model...

Cheers!

It was ridiculously priced. It's free for me though! I reached out to the company and am just waiting for an answer. Just thought I'd ask here as well!

Back