Gear head question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esteban

Reaction score
Hi.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I couldn't find much in google.
I want to motorize my recently acquired grain mill (Crankandstein 3D).
I got this motor for free from a friend.

OfvmeSI.jpg

ggksh7J.jpg

The motor is ok and works beautifully, the problem I have is with the gear head. With a ratio of 61:1 I get around 20 rpms. The head is quite easy to disassemble

rZA8oHD.jpg

Lz5TmQH.jpg

Now, I've seen some "Oriental Motor" gear heads in ebay that seem much like the one i have, but with better ratios for my needs.
My question is, will those fit in this motor? Is there any sort of standard or something for this kind of stuff?

All I could find about the motor is this: http://english.yueling.com/encp1_4.asp

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I doubt there is a "standard", unless it's from the same series, by the same manufacturer.

Edit: there is a "standard" amongst electric motors, concerning "frame" types, fan cooled, mount face type, etc.....

Go here and browse around, and you'll see all the specs.

Then you can check yours, and see if the FleaBay offerings give the specs as to what frame they fit, iffn' the Chinese motors are spec'd the same, ( which they should be.....somewhat).

Latest posts

Back