G'Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spmch1

Reaction score
Hello all,

Simon's my name and I've finally got around to putting up my first post. Managed to score my grandpa's old homebrew kit so thought I'd give it a go. Started off with a Coopers draught, was definately drinkable as it's already all gone, but probably a little bit fruity on the aftertaste. This lead me to the internet to investigate more on homebrew, when I stumbled upon this great site! Seems that my fermenting temperature may have been a little too high, leading to that fruity taste (and probably why the airlock just about popped off!!!). Anyway, a Coopers pale ale is actively bubbling away, with the temperature around 24 deg, so hopefully an improvement this time round! Catch ya all soon.

WElcome, Simon. The important thing to remember is that the brew was drinkable. That's my minimum requirement from a beer. Sometimes, loose tolerances is what pulls us through.
Have fun here.. The rest of us sure do !:mug:

Hello Simon and welcome! My first brew was a Coopers draught with 3 pounds DME added. It was a really good beer. I think it is great to hear from someone who also brewed with it ten years later. Coopers makes outstanding extract.

Nice to meet you. Won't be using sugar again then, sounds like dry malt extract is the go! Does this get broken down to alcohol like sugar?

spmch1 said:
Nice to meet you. Won't be using sugar again then, sounds like dry malt extract is the go! Does this get broken down to alcohol like sugar?
Yes the Dried malt breaks down into alcohol but not as much as sugar. More beer flavor is created. :mug:

Latest posts

Back