Gasket source needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apo09283

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm trying to locate a source for all the various gaskets located in a Cornelius Model 1891 keg. By my count that is about 9 gaskets. I also need the poppets. I already have the common lid and CO2 in/beer out O rings. The poppets are a bit odd in that the bottoms of them have a flat three legged plates instead of the three legged plates with bent tips. I can provide pictures if needed.

Any sources for these parts would be appreciated.
Bill

Cornelius Keg O-Ring Sizes with McMaster-Carr Part Numbers

Ball Lock Style

(1) Dip Tube O-Rings
5/16" ID x 1/2"OD x 3/32" width
9452K172 BunaN #109
Pkg 100/$2.24

(2) Post O-Rings
7/16" ID x 5/8" OD x 3/32" width
9452K23 BunaN #111
Pkg 100/$2.77

(3) Lid O-Rings
3 1/2" ID x 4" OD x 1/4" width
9452K218 BunaN #417
Pkg 10/$12.50

Q: What about the so-called quad-rings (a.k.a., h-rings, double-seal rings) for the dip tube seals?
A: 90025K368 - Double Seal Buna-N O-Ring As568A Dash #109
Pkg 100/$4.72

Q: Those are more expensive than the regular o-rings. What's the advantage?
A: They seal without excessive force. Tightening the posts too much can result in galling the threads.

Q: I've also heard that silicone o-rings work better than Buna-N on the posts. Is there a part number for these?
A: 9396K24 - Silicone O-Ring As568A Dash#111
Pkg 100/$13.53

The prices might be somewhat dated, but the part numbers should still be good.

There are only five O-rings on a keg IIRC. Two for the dip tubes, two for the posts and one big one for the lid.

I appreciate all the responses. FH Steinbart does not have the sets for the model 1891 and cannot get them. The model 1891 does indeed have nine o-rings/washers per keg. The SIMGO link has an exploded view of the kegs about half way down this page. Simgo says they can supply everything except the poppets but I think I can modify that little plate on the bottom of some locally available poppets and make it work.

The McMaster Carr part #'s were appreciated as well. When I get the new gasket sets I'll source them through McMaster and post a link.
Cheers,
Bill

That's unusual. It's rare to see a drop in prices for that kind of stuff. I think I have almost a lifetime supply of the smaller ones. I bought two bags of each and there are 100 in each bag! That gets the cost down to a matter of pennies per so I never hesitate to change them out occasionally. The large ones are a little more costly, but still not bad at $1.25 ea and they last almost indefinitely.

Back