Gas lines question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawtd

Reaction score
Hey all,

I inherited a keezer. It sat unplugged for over a year. I’ll be resurrecting it this weekend. I feel like I’ve got a good handle on most things except the gas lines.

Gas lines sat with disconnects on one end, hooked to a distributor on the other. Should I clean them? Replace them? What do you all think?

Unless they have mold or mildew growing on them, and the rest of it looks fine, I'd just run it. If it makes you feel better, clean it, but I probably would just go with it.

I'd probably replace them. Just the lines. While the lines are off give everything once over to make sure its not visibly soiled. if so, wipe everything with a warm damp cloth. I've never fretted too much over my gas lines. Granted I could be wrong as I've only been kegging since February.

Edited to add: Replacing the lines would only be a precaution for peace of mind. Old lines and dry rot easily or just deteriorate over time making them likely to burst with pressure. Probably not likely but there is a chance of it. And besides gas lines are cheap enough.

Hey all,

I inherited a keezer. It sat unplugged for over a year. I’ll be resurrecting it this weekend. I feel like I’ve got a good handle on most things except the gas lines.

Gas lines sat with disconnects on one end, hooked to a distributor on the other. Should I clean them? Replace them? What do you all think?

Well, I got one answer each way. At this point, I’m going with clean them and reinstall. It’s a reasonable effort.

Back