Gas line recommendation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've stretched EVA 4mm ID over a 5/16" barb. That's as big as I'd want to go. If you wanted to try that, warm the end with a heat gun, insert something tapered with a light coating of keg lube or similar on the tapered tool. Let it cool a second, the push the barb in. Clamp with an oetiker clamp.

So I got the line today and I am unsure if it is the right size. I got the 5mm and am only doing my gas lines.

My manifold is this: https://www.morebeer.com/products/brass-gas-manifold.html

Did I get the wrong size?
I fit it over a standard 1/4" barb with some hot (not boiling) water and a tapered nail set to stretch it. I was able to fit the 4mm tube over a 1/4" barb too, so I'm sure the 5mm will go over a 5/16 barb.

Yeah, I almost made that mistake recently, needed to replace a half-dozen barbed beer QDs and saw a "too good to be true" deal. Then remembered to look closer and no CMB in sight.

If it ain't CMB it ain't happening here, that's for sure...

Cheers!

[edit/ps] CMBs a little cheaper than ritebrew...
https://www.chicompany.net/quick-disconnects-c-376_1_494/quick-disconnect-liquid-mfl-end-p-11.html

why’d you replace gas line too? Is there a worry about oxygenation from the gas line side too?

why’d you replace gas line too? Is there a worry about oxygenation from the gas line side too?

I did it for same reason as @Robert65 but have found added benefit that these just don't leak as much as my old PVC gas lines with barbed fittings and worm clamps. My CO2 on the kegerator is lasting much longer since the swap. I'm using the push fit to flare fittings from @Bobby_M and the EVA barrier tubing he sells and would suggest spending a bit more $$ and swap out everything that has a barb at the same time. Just say no to stretching this stuff over barbs. Just do the whole project right the first time. I believe much easier than messing with barbs and clamps and then hoping for good and durable seals on the gas side.

Back