Game of Thrones

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Jon Snow is half targaryen, can he communicate with or control the dragons?????

Yes, but I think the whole, "you need to be a Targaryen to control dragons" is probably mostly myth and propaganda. There's at least a good amount of evidence dragons are as smart or smarter than men, depending on how you look at it, I'm sure if Jon walked up and acted all cocky with a dragon it'd probably fry him up good.

We haven't seen anyone try to ride one of the dragons other than Dany so, we don't have anything besides hearsay that you have to be a Targ to control one.

Fireproof?

There's hints that it may not necessarily always be true. At the start of the first book Dany recoils from the bath drawn for her because it was too hot. Subtle but, again, probably propaganda.

First convince everyone that your family is the only one that can control the proverbial nuclear weapon(dragons), then further, convince everyone that you're immune to fire so even if they get control of a dragon, they're afraid to use it if you're immune to fire.

Until someone throws a jar of wildfire at Dany, and she walks through it like it's nothing(while a non-Targ next to her burns to death), I think it's mostly propaganda. The whole scene where she hatches the dragons is s little different in the books because her hair burns off, if she's immune, why would her hair burn?

Fixed it.

can we get Yara & Ellaria in there too? :D
yara-ellaria.jpg

There's hints that it may not necessarily always be true. At the start of the first book Dany recoils from the bath drawn for her because it was too hot. Subtle but, again, probably propaganda.

First convince everyone that your family is the only one that can control the proverbial nuclear weapon(dragons), then further, convince everyone that you're immune to fire so even if they get control of a dragon, they're afraid to use it if you're immune to fire.

Until someone throws a jar of wildfire at Dany, and she walks through it like it's nothing(while a non-Targ next to her burns to death), I think it's mostly propaganda. The whole scene where she hatches the dragons is s little different in the books because her hair burns off, if she's immune, why would her hair burn?

Now I'm confused. Didn't Dany already walk out of two full fledged fires?

I just figured out what I'd do with a dragon. I'd park his a$$ outside of InBev HQ and burn them to the ground unless they bought my home brewery for $1B!! :)

Yes, The dragon Birthday party and the Khaleesi widow retirement home.

I don't think there is any doubt she is fireproof.

New that already. But yall had me freakin out. Someone said arya wouldnt survive. Thay last scene she was im littlrfingers room. Im like omg no. No. Dont u dare.....thanks for heart attack...need a beer

Yes, in the show, sorry, I sometimes get caught up in the books vs. the show. I'll be interested how the fire at the Dosh Khaleen is written in the books.

There are lots of tiny hints in the books she isn't actually fire proof.

I would ask anyone that's saying Targs are fire proof, how and why did Jon Snow get badly burned when the wight attacked the Lord Commander Mormont way way way back 4-5 seasons ago?

Edit: Just for clarity there are lots of in show references to Targaryens biting it due to fire. They reference Summerhall which Barristan Selmy was present for(a contemporary character) and he referenced this fire that Aegon the 5th died in, there was also the Dance of Dragons where two groups of Targaryens fought one another for the throne with their dragons, there were almost certainly Targs getting burned to death. They references Aerion Brightflame way back when there was the discussion about wildfire(when Tyrion was trying to protect Kingslanding), he drank wildfire and burned alive.

Dany may be a special exception, the first fire she survived was partially a product of Blood Magic, something to do with the magic, the dragon eggs, and all that jazz may have protected her, either way in the books her hair burned(removing this may just be because they couldn't or didn't want to put her in a bald cap/shave her head, or just to simplify the story). The fire at the Dosh Khaleen hasn't occurred in the books quite yet, and if it does occur I would say that it still isn't that Targs are immune to fire, Dany is immune to fire as the Mother of Dragons(something she earned through hardship as opposed to something granted to her by right of blood).

Wasn't Dany's brother killed with molten gold poured on his head by Kahl Drago? He wasn't very fire proof.

This too. (And before anyone says it, "well the gold is really hot it's not fire", that's like saying I'm immune to fire but if I hold my hand too close to a fire it burns me)

yall had me freakin out. Someone said arya wouldnt survive. Thay last scene she was im littlrfingers room. Im like omg no. No. Dont u dare.....thanks for heart attack...need a beer

dude Arya is bad ass. Littlefinger is going to end up on her list. When that happens, game over for Littlefinger. He needs to leave for The Vale ASAP. At least he has The Moon Door, but him tangling w/ Arya means he will be the guy flying through it.
Bronn_defeats_Vardis.jpg

Gendry FTW!!!
The Hound!
The Brotherhood, the Hound, Gendry, Tormund, and Jon FTW!!!
Arya's gonna be the last one standing, hope she slits Littlefinger's throat. Well, Arya and Tyrion...

dude Arya is bad ass. Littlefinger is going to end up on her list. When that happens, game over for Littlefinger. He needs to leave for The Vale ASAP. At least he has The Moon Door, but him tangling w/ Arya means he will be the guy flying through it.
Bronn_defeats_Vardis.jpg

You see, IMHO, where GoT gets quite goofy in its scripting is exactly this. They've spent half a season worth of shows/scenes building up Arya to be so bad as, sneaky, ninja killer. Yet Littlefinger will trick here once to her doom in 15 minutes of one show.

You see, IMHO, where GoT gets quite goofy in its scripting is exactly this. They've spent half a season worth of shows/scenes building up Arya to be so bad as, sneaky, ninja killer. Yet Littlefinger will trick here once to her doom in 15 minutes of one show.

I think this new plot is gonna change that. I think the families r starting to grt fed uo with eachother. Jaime and cersei r having it out. And arya and sansa r fighting. I think its gonna be an inside battle in the last great houses. Ending with jaimie. Arya and jon (lanister. Stark. Taerg)

Arya has acquired some awesome skills but don't forget Littlefinger has been a weasel his whole life

I liked this episode because virtually every time someone would begin a stirring speech someone else would be like "yeah, whatever, let's just do the thing."

Once again, Samwell gets the inside scoop on knowledge. He didn't catch on, but key plot point in the interaction between him and Gilly in their room. She comments on Rhaegar's annulment with his wife and marrying in secret in Dorne. I think this secret marriage was to Leihanna (Jon's mother) and that would make him the rightful ruler above Denerys.

I think this new plot is gonna change that. I think the families r starting to grt fed uo with eachother. Jaime and cersei r having it out. And arya and sansa r fighting. I think its gonna be an inside battle in the last great houses. Ending with jaimie. Arya and jon (lanister. Stark. Taerg)

Don't forget the Greyjoy's. Yara (ok she is in chains), Theon & Euron. Also my favorite house, House Mormont!!! The Lady of Bear Island will stand tall!!!
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mukxj0M_8o0[/ame]​

Once again, Samwell gets the inside scoop on knowledge. He didn't catch on, but key plot point in the interaction between him and Gilly in their room. She comments on Rhaegar's annulment with his wife and marrying in secret in Dorne. I think this secret marriage was to Leihanna (Jon's mother) and that would make him the rightful ruler above Denerys.

I thought that would make Dani his Aunt. Also good interaction with the Dragon. The Dragon seemed to accept Jon. Will we get a scene with Jon & Dani flying together conquering their foes?

Don't forget the Greyjoy's. Yara (ok she is in chains), Theon & Euron. Also my favorite house, House Mormont!!! The Lady of Bear Island will stand tall!!!

I thought that would make Dani his Aunt. Also good interaction with the Dragon. The Dragon seemed to accept Jon. Will we get a scene with Jon & Dani flying together conquering their foes?

Yeah, Dany is Jon's Aunt. Rhaegar was Dany and Visery's older brother, they were both at Dragonstone when King's Landing fell to Robert Baratheon.

Anyone else find it really weird that there's this growing movement of people on the internet who want Dany and Jon to hook up, despite the fact that she is his aunt? I mean, wtf

It's predictable, but it's confirmed that John is a legitimate Targaryen!

I think the key to that scene was to show there is documented proof. Samwell took a few books with him when he left the Citadel...presumably one of them is the one that documents the annulment and remarriage.

We do have a queem who is carrying her brothers child...so...is kt really that weird

Maybe not. Cersi's pregnancy could be a lie. During the flashback scene in Season 5 the fortune teller/witch told her that she would have 3 kids and all would die before her. That's already happened. Joffrey Tommen and the daughter. Maybe she is trying to keep her brother from killing her (and their 4th baby).

Anyone else find it really weird that there's this growing movement of people on the internet who want Dany and Jon to hook up, despite the fact that she is his aunt? I mean, wtf

To be fair to the people rooting for it. I'd bet a significant amount of money that the majority of them think Jon and Dany are like 2nd/3rd cousins(not that 2nd cousin makes it ok), or, they didn't get the hint *at all* that Jon is a Targ.

Also, they're both super good looking so, it's ok.

Maybe not. Cersi's pregnancy could be a lie. During the flashback scene in Season 5 the fortune teller/witch told her that she would have 3 kids and all would die before her. That's already happened. Joffrey Tommen and the daughter. Maybe she is trying to keep her brother from killing her (and their 4th baby).

I'm taking her word that she is truly pregnant. Consequently, when considering the prophesy, Cersei has fewer than 9 months to live :valonqar:

To be fair to the people rooting for it. I'd bet a significant amount of money that the majority of them think Jon and Dany are like 2nd/3rd cousins(not that 2nd cousin makes it ok), or, they didn't get the hint *at all* that Jon is a Targ.

Also, they're both super good looking so, it's ok.

Also the slim possaility that jon is still a bastard. Gilly was cut iff before saying who the marriage was to...thus...never truely confirming.

Also the dragon had 3 heads...so says prophecy. 3 dragoms born...3 dragom riders... who is the third rider goimg to be?

Borathean? Tyrion? Sam? Jaime?

Also the slim possaility that jon is still a bastard. Gilly was cut iff before saying who the marriage was to...thus...never truely confirming.

Well, that scene and dialogue was only placed there to put to rest wether Jon was a bastard or not. We know of a legal marriage to Elia Martell of Dorne(the one who The Mountain raped and killed during the sack of King's Landing, as well he had two children by this marriage who were also killed by The Mountain).

Robert's Rebellion was because of Lyanna Starks "kidnapping" at the hands of The Mad King Aerys' crown prince Rhaegar. Lyanna's father and oldest brother(Eddard Starks Father and older brother) went to Kings Landing to demand they return Lyanna, this is when they got burned to death(similar to how Randyll and Dickon Tarly were burned to death in this last episode). This is why and how the rebellion started.

If there was an annulment for Rhaegar's legal wife and mother of his two children, which could only have occurred during the course of Robert's Rebellion, which Lyanna Stark's "kidnapping" started, *and* the Kingsguard was at the Tower of Joy during Jon's birth, it could *only* be because they were there protecting their new king(the Mad King Aerys is dead at this point and so is Rhaegar, so Jon is the king at that point).

Edit: This all of course doesn't matter, at least it wouldn't or won't matter to Jon even if he finds out, even if he believes it, and even if others believe it. He won't want to be king, he's Jon Snow, not the king, not a Stark, not a Targaryen. The entire story line that Jon is actually the king is a long troll on us because we want to believe it'll end with the rightful king on the throne and the realm healed.

Well, that scene and dialogue was only placed there to put to rest wether Jon was a bastard or not. We know of a legal marriage to Elia Martell of Dorne(the one who The Mountain raped and killed during the sack of King's Landing, as well he had two children by this marriage who were also killed by The Mountain).

Robert's Rebellion was because of Lyanna Starks "kidnapping" at the hands of The Mad King Aerys' crown prince Rhaegar. Lyanna's father and oldest brother(Eddard Starks Father and older brother) went to Kings Landing to demand they return Lyanna, this is when they got burned to death(similar to how Randyll and Dickon Tarly were burned to death in this last episode). This is why and how the rebellion started.

If there was an annulment for Rhaegar's legal wife and mother of his two children, which could only have occurred during the course of Robert's Rebellion, which Lyanna Stark's "kidnapping" started, *and* the Kingsguard was at the Tower of Joy during Jon's birth, it could *only* be because they were there protecting their new king(the Mad King Aerys is dead at this point and so is Rhaegar, so Jon is the king at that point).

Edit: This all of course doesn't matter, at least it wouldn't or won't matter to Jon even if he finds out, even if he believes it, and even if others believe it. He won't want to be king, he's Jon Snow, not the king, not a Stark, not a Targaryen. The entire story line that Jon is actually the king is a long troll on us because we want to believe it'll end with the rightful king on the throne and the realm healed.

You are still assuming the sbow follows the books...which its been said it is not. So the troll could be the dialog all together. I believe he is the rightful king amd him amd his aunt will unite under 1 house to rule. BUT there ks something about that dialog. Why not have her say it completly. Why tease. Something is off about it.

Also i agree tyrion will somehow become big. The "good" characters r all on same page now. So what happens

You are still assuming the sbow follows the books...which its been said it is not. So the troll could be the dialog all together. I believe he is the rightful king amd him amd his aunt will unite under 1 house to rule. BUT there ks something about that dialog. Why not have her say it completly. Why tease. Something is off about it.

Also i agree tyrion will somehow become big. The "good" characters r all on same page now. So what happens

Actually the two scenes that seal the deal with Jon, the flashback Bran saw as the Three Eyed Raven, and the discussion with Gilly in this last episode, haven't happened in the books, at all.

In the books, Bran has only just got to the Three Eyed Raven and started his training. Sam has only *just* arrived at The Citadel and barely even started training. Lastly in the books, Jon is dead(still). Edit 2: It's been 6 years since the last book came out, every single storyline in the show blew past what's in the books a season ago(some story lines went past where the books are at 2 seasons ago).

The books and the show both have the same history behind the start of Robert's Rebellion, the show is at the point that we have even more information than what we know in the books.

So everything I'm basing it on is dialogue in the show and the history(that still matches between the books and the tv show).

Sam cutting off Gilly mid-speech was a subtle nod that, it doesn't matter if Jon is the rightful king. First the Nights King needs to be stopped, Rhaegar's annulment, Jon's right to the throne, who Dany is gonna marry, the dragons, The Iron Throne, Cersei and her pregnancy, none of that matters in the face of a threat like The Night's King.

Edit: Also the seasons almost always have a theme. This season is almost certainly illuminated by Ollena Tyrells discussion with Dany. Enough with clever men and clever plans, she's a dragon and needs to act like one. This seasons theme is almost certainly, there's been 6 seasons of clever men with clever plans, its time for action. No one is gonna stop The Nights King with clever plans, no one is gonna stop Cersei with clever plans(anyone who could have was sort of blown up), no one is gonna stop the Greyjoys with clever plans.

I agree with all of that. This seasom is suposed to be about putting the "Game" on hold or taking action in game to move peices. BUT I still feel the show writers have something uo their sleeve. Just to many small holes they keep leaving.

I would love for jon to take the throne split it with his aunt. They r grest leaders amd recognize that in eachother. But the writers wont have thag

Episode 6 leaked and is available in HD on the Internet. ...I'm tempted, but going try to wait until Sunday. The word is, its one of the best episodes yet.

Anyone watch it? [NO SPOILERS]

Latest posts

Back