Galaxy SMaSH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DagoBrewer

Reaction score
Brewed up 5 gallons of smash today. I was at my LHBS yesterday chit chatting and saw they had galaxy, which i have never seen before. They were 14.6 AA and smelled like some one shoved a tangerine up a passion fruit and sprinkled pine needles all over it!!

Ended with 1.052 OG which put me around 80%.. My hydrometer sample tasted amazing!! Super simple, basic beer today... But with all the crazy stuff ive been brewing lately for the holidays i wanted to get back to basics and simplicity.

10# belgian 2 row
1/2 oz 14.6 aa austrailian galaxy 60 mins
1/2 oz galaxy at 10 minutes.
Dry hop with 1 oz galaxy.
Saf-05 yeast

Mash @ 152 for 60 mins, vorlauf and sparge with 170 degree water. Collect 6.5 gallons of wort, boil 60 minutes.

ForumRunner_20121210_195344.png

ForumRunner_20121210_195402.jpg

Ooh, you are going to love this! Galaxy is possibly my favorite hop at the moment. Big passionfruit flavor. Yum! You should dry hop it with another ounce or so of galaxy if you can get more.

Ooh, you are going to love this! Galaxy is possibly my favorite hop at the moment. Big passionfruit flavor. Yum! You should dry hop it with another ounce or so of galaxy if you can get more.

I was thinkin about a DH of at least half oz. so that confirms it!! They have a bunch at my shop, awesome!!

I did dry hop this with an ounce of galaxy, just put it in the fridge for a 4 day cold crash after taking a gravity sample. 1.004 and oh wow, this tastes amazing!! Its such a simple recipe but has so much going on, i cant wait til this is carbed and on tap!!

Mmmm, I have a really great Galaxy Pale Ale recipe I made a while back that I need to get around to doing again. Mixed it up with a bit of Cascade too. These are great hops

These galaxy hops are really good, ive brewed 2 of my other recipes and used galaxy instead of what i had used in the past. I think this is my new favorite!!

So i brought this beer in a keg to my buddys going away party and it was a total hit!! We bled it dry in about an hour! All my buds who "dont like hops" were all amazed and even their SWMBO were liking it! Complete success!!! Cheers!

Back