GABF woes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catch-22

Reaction score
It probably has already been discussed but I just read that our AHA member number will not work for pre-sale and that an 11 digit number was emailed out. I haven't received any number...... anyone else?

It probably has already been discussed but I just read that our AHA member number will not work for pre-sale and that an 11 digit number was emailed out. I haven't received any number...... anyone else?

I did get an email with some sort of info on it about that, as did my husband (we're both members), but I don't remember the details as I deleted it since I am not attending.

I got mine but I'm not attending unless I find a buddy to go with.

I received an email with my number in it. OP, did you check your spam folder?

I did, I have received several like....save the date...reminder, presale begins...etc. Nothing that said, here is your number

I appreciate everyone's response. I called the Brewers Association and they confirmed another member pm'd me. The code is your first and last initial capitalized followed by your member number.

I have recieved "unable to process" notices everytime I've clicked on a ticket. Had 2 tix to members only section being held and when I clicked buy "unable to process".

Watching it go from "3 minutes wait time" to "4 minutes wait time". I can only assume the other sessions are flying out the door while I wait. LMAO...this is a ridiculous clusterf@#k every single year!

I have recieved "unable to process" notices everytime I've clicked on a ticket. Had 2 tix to members only section being held and when I clicked buy "unable to process".

Watching it go from "3 minutes wait time" to "4 minutes wait time". I can only assume the other sessions are flying out the door while I wait. LMAO...this is a ridiculous clusterf@#k every single year!

Yep, same. I was able to purchase member only tickets but everything else keeps doing the same thing. Ticketmaster is THE WORST!

Used my member code and my wife's to get 4 tix to Saturday afternoon and 4 to Thursday. My wife's code got tickets right away, mine still said waiting 15 minutes, tried it another browser session and had tickets within a couple of minutes while the other still said 15 minutes. Slightly better experience than last year.

Thursday and Saturday members session. Me and a neighbor, our wives said have fun. Okay hunny, I'll do what you say

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Janice Gross if you happen to read this. I firmly believe the biggest mistake the BA ever made was contracting this event to ticketmaster. I am a long time member, and, so far I have been shut out of key sessions every single year (well, however many years ticketmaster has had the event...is this the 3rd?) in spite of the fact that I am online, with my purchase code, credit card out...10 minutes before sales open every single year. They are utterly inept.

Ok...all done ranting. I'm glad to have gotten the tix to the members only session even if I got shut out of the friday session.

Janice Gross if you happen to read this. I firmly believe the biggest mistake the BA ever made was contracting this event to ticketmaster. I am a long time member, and, so far I have been shut out of key sessions every single year (well, however many years ticketmaster has had the event...is this the 3rd?) in spite of the fact that I am online, with my purchase code, credit card out...10 minutes before sales open every single year. They are utterly inept.

I agree. Though I luckily didn't have any problems this year, the last 2 years were not good experiences. I couldn't even get in the first year, and last year I kept being rejected because it wouldn't recognize my member ID. Ultimately, through sheer tenacity I was able to get my tickets.

TM has also seemingly facilitated scalpers rather than preventing them and increased ticket prices by an absurd amount in their short time handling the ticket sales. I really hope the BA goes a different route, but I fear that whomever they move on to will experience problems much the same way TM has.

I agree. Though I luckily didn't have any problems this year, the last 2 years were not good experiences. I couldn't even get in the first year, and last year I kept being rejected because it wouldn't recognize my member ID. Ultimately, through sheer tenacity I was able to get my tickets.

TM has also seemingly facilitated scalpers rather than preventing them and increased ticket prices by an absurd amount in their short time handling the ticket sales. I really hope the BA goes a different route, but I fear that whomever they move on to will experience problems much the same way TM has.

They wont, I am sure TM gave them a deal impossible to pass up

My first time going to GABF and got my tix to the member session with zero issues. I was on the TM website right at noon EDT and did the whole transaction in less than 2 minutes.

My first time going to GABF and got my tix to the member session with zero issues. I was on the TM website right at noon EDT and did the whole transaction in less than 2 minutes.

My first attempt failed when i got to verify by Visa, so i got stuck in line for the members session. Eventually i got my two tickets(1 DD + 1 Attendee) though by 9:15am PST or so.

Anyone have an extra Farm to Table ticket for Friday? I've done GA the last 5 years and would like to upgrade and try something new.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back