GABF or NHC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikerlynch26

Reaction score
Hey all, did a quick search and found some old (8+ year old) info on this question, but figured I'd ask again for updated opinions.

I'm considering going to either NHC or GABF, but I'm not sure which would be best. I'm joining a homebrew club that may/may not be going to NHC, and I've got friends in Denver, and my wife and her family is from there, and would probably go with me.

I've been there and done that with big beer fests, it's not really my cup of tea. I'm very interested in the seminars, and will probably be submitting cider into a homebrew comp (again not sure which). Activities outside the fest are great, I've been to Denver before but never to Minneapolis. Looking to sample some great beers/ciders/meads, and to talk to the people who made them. I'd love to pour my stuff, but that's a 'nice-to-have.'

So what do you think? Anyone with experience of both want to compare/contrast?

If you are looking for some education NHC is the way to go. GABF doesn't have anything competition wise if you aren't a pro brewer.
If you want to try commercial beers - GABF
If you want to focus more on the homebrew side of things - NHC is the way to go

I think all beer fanatics should experience GABF once. Few experiences like stepping into that enormous room full of beer for the first time. After that? NHC is vastly preferable to me.

I think all beer fanatics should experience GABF once. Few experiences like stepping into that enormous room full of beer for the first time. After that? NHC is vastly preferable to me.

I've been to and worked the ACBF in Boston for 4 years, over 500 beers and 5000 people per session. I've learned that's not my ideal scenario ;) Starting to sound like NHC is more up my alley

If you are looking for some education NHC is the way to go. GABF doesn't have anything competition wise if you aren't a pro brewer.
If you want to try commercial beers - GABF
If you want to focus more on the homebrew side of things - NHC is the way to go

This^

Back