GABF 2016

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking about taking the Friday (of GABF week) off and hitting events. Maybe Hops and Pie lunch time and then something after like Denver Beer Co collab event. Anyone know of something can't miss Friday?
If you can find a ticket, the Pints for Prostates Rare Beer Fest is a great event. Best one I went to last year.

That doesn't seem like nearly enough beer for 4 sessions at GABF if by your other post 3 of those kegs are for special tappings on certain days.

And I have no idea how much beer any brewery brings so it could be a lot and I'm just way off.

That is what gabf allows us to bring.

Aren't they 1 Oz pours? There is 652 fl. Oz in a sixtel (5.1 gallon) keg

Heading to my first GABF on Thursday. Will probably make a trip up to Fort Collins on Friday, and will attend a session on Saturday.

Beer wise, I think I have a good itinerary. But I don't know anything about the cocktail or food scenes in Denver. Recommendations?

I love Finn's Manor for great cocktails and a variety of food selections. OwlBear BBQ is undeniable.
If you come to Fort Collins, the Social is about the only cocktail place with solid food.

Or...you could just go to Three Four Beer Co Friday night and drink some Casey on tap. With lots of us TBer's in Fort Collins....

Heading to my first GABF on Thursday. Will probably make a trip up to Fort Collins on Friday, and will attend a session on Saturday.

Beer wise, I think I have a good itinerary. But I don't know anything about the cocktail or food scenes in Denver. Recommendations?

Jax Fish House is one of my favorite spots if you like seafood. $1.50 Oysters at Happy Hour.

Likely the same, damn that place gets so packed though but worth it!
The place is like a machine tho.

Hopefully they keep the Superpower IPA flowing this year.... I drank soooo much of that stuff at the outside tent last year there. Ya know, between all the other beers, lol.

Will most likely be strolling down to Freshcraft at some point as well.

The place is like a machine tho.

Hopefully they keep the Superpower IPA flowing this year.... I drank soooo much of that stuff at the outside tent last year there. Ya know, between all the other beers, lol.

Will most likely be strolling down to Freshcraft at some point as well.
Well look for me, I look like my profile picture and I am hard to miss (6'7")
Cheers, Cant wait to land tomorrow!

Which session Saturday? I'm only working the early one. I land at 10am tomorrow. Fy out late Saturday night.

Totally bummed.... my dad (who I usually attend GABF with) is probably going to miss our first GABF session (w/ Paired food to boot) due to this darn hurricane going near Florida (my folks are in the Miami area).

Argh. Hopefully the situation magically improves faster in Florida (the thing isn't even coming close to Miami, but is causing high wind gusts).

Uhh....with all respect, wut?

"The eyewall is like 70 miles North of Miami, get your **** together Miami International, c'mon" Right?
I'm sorry, Floridian here. We don't take these things seriously unless they're right on top of us.

What are some new-ish, exciting breweries to try in central Denver? Here until Sunday. Plan on going to Trve. Already checked out Jagged Mountain.

Back