GABF 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam's No.3 is ******** busy for breakfast but delicious as well. Euclid Hall is rad for sure. Discovered Star Bar this afternoon. Awesome dark bar with great beer and better whiskey. Going to be a cluster for the rest of the weekend though because it's in the middle of the Oktoberfest celebration

I was a bit disappointed to see one of the owners at the other website post negatively about WTF. When anyone does that to one of their festivals they go ape ****.

I actually had a great time at the GABF member session. No lines for Lawsons and Societe for most of the afternoon, 4 oz pour of Vanilla rye on accident, NOLA was a great surprise among others. Also touching tips with Stubs while chatting with some awesome brewers at Falling Rock after. One of my best beer related days in a while.

I used to not mind their shitiness but getting pushed to the end of a line cause.you didnt.order by number.

Srs? :rolleyes:
Heh. I did this twice and the guy just said "number, please" and I told him the number, got beer. Didn't get pushed back. They're a well-oiled machine over there and I'm sure their bartenders just fell down dead on Sunday.

That PNC they poured on tap on Saturday night might've been my favorite of the entire festival, btw. That **** was amazing.

BTW: How awesome is Comrade Superpower IPA? I'd never heard of those guys until I tried Superdamp at Hops & Pie and Superpower at Falling Rock. That's some solid stuff.

Heh. I did this twice and the guy just said "number, please" and I told him the number, got beer. Didn't get pushed back. They're a well-oiled machine over there and I'm sure their bartenders just fell down dead on Sunday.

That PNC they poured on tap on Saturday night might've been my favorite of the entire festival, btw. That **** was amazing.

BTW: How awesome is Comrade Superpower IPA? I'd never heard of those guys until I tried Superdamp at Hops & Pie and Superpower at Falling Rock. That's some solid stuff.

Yeah. Comrade is super good. Drank a few pours from the plastic cup station.

Superdamp was one of my favorites of the whole trip. Pricey at $11/pint at the brewery, but worth it.

Superdamp was one of my favorites of the whole trip. Pricey at $11/pint at the brewery, but worth it.

It was $6 for 10oz at Hops & Pie.

I need to stop by there next trip to Denver and get a growler fill... we just had too much **** planned to make it over there.

Last edited:
It was $6 for 10oz at Hops & Pie.

I was too busy drinking Maman at hops & pie to care about anything else. Lol

I remember them having Superpower, not Super-damp when we were there on Wed.

Ended up at the brewery on Thursday...10 oz at the brewery was $7, pint $11 and $40 for growler

I was too busy drinking Maman at hops & pie to care about anything else. Lol

I remember them having Superpower, not Super-damp when we were there on Wed.

Ended up at the brewery on Thursday...10 oz at the brewery was $7, pint $11 and $40 for growler
It was during the Casey Brewing tapping on Friday afternoon.

WORTH IT.

I actually had a great time at the GABF member session. No lines for Lawsons and Societe for most of the afternoon, 4 oz pour of Vanilla rye on accident, NOLA was a great surprise among others. Also touching tips with Stubs while chatting with some awesome brewers at Falling Rock after. One of my best beer related days in a while.

Oh and I also met Steve I think.

Back