Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A fine vintage indeed. Now for something funny.

I posted a picture of brew day on Facebook the other day, within a few hours I had several people asking me how the beer turned out.

just post pics of the wort and ask them if they think its infected

Lol

facebook_1467483089129.jpg

A good pellicle always freaks out the unknowing masses.

I'm in the know, and they still freak me out a little. They look sweet, though. If it ever happened unintentionally (I don't really have a desire at this point to get into sours), I'd probably let it ride just to watch the show. [emoji482][emoji88]

I'm in the know, and they still freak me out a little. They look sweet, though. If it ever happened unintentionally (I don't really have a desire at this point to get into sours), I'd probably let it ride just to watch the show. [emoji482][emoji88]

I mean...what could possibly go wrong? [emoji106][emoji389][emoji264]

Conversation with my grandpa while we were enjoying a beer on the lake. He was drinking a bud light and I was drinking old tankard ale (shockingly delicious). He wanted to give it a try so I let him have a sip. He said, "wow that's strong. After that, bud light kinda tastes like water." Completely unprompted but hilarious!

At a restaurant in Goderich, Ontario.
Me: What's on draught?
Waitress(All in one breath) Bud, Bud Light, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Lite, Hobgoblin, Coors, Coors Light,

Me: Wait...What?

At a restaurant in Goderich, Ontario.
Me: What's on draught?
Waitress(All in one breath) Bud, Bud Light, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Lite, Hobgoblin, Coors, Coors Light,

Me: Wait...What?

Wow. I love Hobgoblin, but it totally is the odd man out. How is that even possible? Sounds suspicious to have all BMC beers, but also... Hobgoblin.

The shop know-it-all tells how dark beer is made...It's what is left in the tank after they take the light colored beer from the top...

The shop know-it-all tells how dark beer is made...It's what is left in the tank after they take the light colored beer from the top...

I grew up hearing this about Bock beer. Where once a year the brewers cleaned out their tanks and this is where bock came from.

So I'm set to interview for a rep role with a craft brewery outside of Melbourne. I had an interview arranged with the GM to meet at GABS (basically the Australian version of GABF).

I figure, great we'll hit a few booths, have a few frothies, talk beer and go from there. I meet the fella and he makes a few comments about beer not entirely in line with craft values or enthusiasm. I think little of it. We then come to the booth of a renowned Australian brewer and each order a sample of their "Sorachi Gold" beer. Old mate takes a sip, looks at the brewer and says, "mmmmmmm oh man you really must have some, let me guess. Loads of Sorachi Ace in there right?" I have a bit of laugh thinking he is taking the piss. The fella was deadly serious. I had a few more beers, parted ways and haven't spoken of the phenomena until now.

So I'm set to interview for a rep role with a craft brewery outside of Melbourne. I had an interview arranged with the GM to meet at GABS (basically the Australian version of GABF).

I figure, great we'll hit a few booths, have a few frothies, talk beer and go from there. I meet the fella and he makes a few comments about beer not entirely in line with craft values or enthusiasm. I think little of it. We then come to the booth of a renowned Australian brewer and each order a sample of their "Sorachi Gold" beer. Old mate takes a sip, looks at the brewer and says, "mmmmmmm oh man you really must have some, let me guess. Loads of Sorachi Ace in there right?" I have a bit of laugh thinking he is taking the piss. The fella was deadly serious. I had a few more beers, parted ways and haven't spoken of the phenomena until now.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with this beer, is there not Sorachi Ace in it? A quick Google only turns up references to the hops and beers that use that strain.

Sorachi Ace is a real hop variety.

I grew up hearing this about Bock beer. Where once a year the brewers cleaned out their tanks and this is where bock came from.

We toured Bud in STL in college. The tour guide pointed to some rinse water and spilled beer on the floor and said, "That's where Natty Lite comes from" or something to that effect! :D

Was watching Futurama and Leela dips some water out of a river and says something to the effect "Mmmmmm tastes like Canadian beer..." I couldn't find a clip to post but I thought it was pretty funny

Sorry, I'm not familiar with this beer, is there not Sorachi Ace in it? A quick Google only turns up references to the hops and beers that use that strain.

Sorry. To clarify, the statement he made threw me as it was blatantly obvious given the beers name that Sorachi was the hero

We toured Bud in STL in college. The tour guide pointed to some rinse water and spilled beer on the floor and said, "That's where Natty Lite comes from" or something to that effect! :D

You know that there are people who believe that and are spreading the rumors around as fact.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/...m-of-american-history-hiring-a-beer-historian

Historian / Scholar American Brewing History Initiative IS-11 ($64,650 plus benefits)

The Smithsonian Food History project at the National Museum of American History, in Washington, DC, is seeking a professional historian / scholar to conduct archival and field research for a new initiative on American brewing history, with special emphasis on the craft industry. The position is located in the Division of Work and Industry and will be a three-year appointment. The successful candidate will have proven experience in scholarly research, organizing and conducting oral history interviews, writing for both scholarly and general audiences, and knowledge of material culture and archival materials. The candidate will work with members of the curatorial staff on collections work and develop content for a wide variety of programs and applications, including digital formats. Candidates with an advanced degree in American business, brewing, food, cultural, or similar specialization within history are encouraged to apply. Must be able to travel, work independently as well as within a team environment, to meet deadlines, and to communicate effectively with co-workers and the public.

For someone needing all those expensive qualifications, 65.6 isn't much more than my pension...

That seems pretty good pay for someone with a history or humanities degree. But it's in DC, so the cost of living is a lot higher.

Back