Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now im seriously wondering: if I took a picture of the roasted green cauliflower & spinach soup SWMBO and I made last night, could I convince people I actually made hop soup? F$%# it, why bother with the fermentation and conditioning?

this is an old picture, but...

0911001909.jpg

You're a brave man putting your address out there for the rest of us to send you God-knows-what. ;)

Yeah I was pretty confused when I got the letter then remembered that 20k contest. Love how he didn't put his return address on it. But I have faith in the homebrewing community that I will not be receiving any sarcastic nonsense in the future
*sarcasm*

Yeah I was pretty confused when I got the letter then remembered that 20k contest. Love how he didn't put his return address on it. But I have faith in the homebrewing community that I will not be receiving any sarcastic nonsense in the future
*sarcasm*
Who was it that sent the Oregon protesters a 50 gallon drum of lube?

*sarcasm*

Surprised you didn't get an envelope full of glitter.

And...uh....for unrelated things...what was that address again?

Why would I age my **** in the first place, much less beechwood age it?

I flush them fresh... like hopefully most people do.

:)

And now were are back to being :off:

At a seafood restaurant the other day exploring the beer menu. Saw an interesting local beer I had not had before. Asked the waitress what it was, she said it's really good, somewhat salty, so I ordered it. (All I really cared about was it being on the lighter side. Turns out it was a rye pale ale. Which I love, but not salty... It was also poured in a frosted glass

I always order my beer in restaurants, "Room temperature glass, no garnish!"

I get weird looks, but I don't care!

I look forward to when my kids start making corrections. "Daddy she poured it in a frosty cup! Oh no!"

I'm shocked by how many restaurants don't even have room temperature beer glasses! Once when I requested a non-frosted glass, I was brought a glass still warm out of the dishwasher!

One time the waitress said, "All our beer glasses are frosted. Is a water glass OK?"

I said, "Yes, that would be preferable!"

Gave a friend a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and after trying it said "that's lager not ale", I said "no it's ale mate", he said "no ales aren't fizzy". He meant carbonated, just in case 'fizzy' isn't used outside of the uk.

So my brother and I started a home brew club and our first meeting was yesterday. one guy who came brought this awsome imperial ipa he bought. After a little while he started to drink Busch light, his sample glass in one hand and a Busch light in the other.

So my brother and I started a home brew club and our first meeting was yesterday. one guy who came brought this awsome imperial ipa he bought. After a little while he started to drink Busch light, his sample glass in one hand and a Busch light in the other.

I kinda did the same thing at our brew club competition last week, except it wasn't a Busch light, it was a Bourbon County stout

Was at a local brewers collective today to brew a collaboration with one of the guys there and at one point there was this great noise coming out of one of the fridges like it was trying to pump out all the air or something. Roaring really. At first I even thought the ventilation for the room was going ham. Seeing my look the guy said: "Yeah, it´s a hair drier. One of the guys here wants his beer to ferment warmer. So he put that in there and hooked it up to the temperature control."

My face spoke more than a thousand words.

Was at a local brewers collective today to brew a collaboration with one of the guys there and at one point there was this great noise coming out of one of the fridges like it was trying to pump out all the air or something. Roaring really. At first I even thought the ventilation for the room was going ham. Seeing my look the guy said: "Yeah, it´s a hair drier. One of the guys here wants his beer to ferment warmer. So he put that in there and hooked it up to the temperature control."

I have a ceramic heater and a fan in my fridge, hooked to my brewpi, dude just combined the 2 into one unit

His only problem is not running the fan continually

But I'm sure his beer has very stylish hair

Well, water is a palate-cleanser...

;)

That's not funny... that's actually clever!

I have same setup. The fridge and a small hair dryer on a stc 1000. It was in the shed all winter even at negative 20. It works great.

Gave a friend a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and after trying it said "that's lager not ale", I said "no it's ale mate", he said "no ales aren't fizzy". He meant carbonated, just in case 'fizzy' isn't used outside of the uk.

still not as bad as this. 3rd time ive posted it to this thread, but I feel it warrants repeating

One of SWMBOs friends was over and tries a sip of a hefe I offered her. She goes "its good, but very hoppy" I ask to smell the glass to make sure I didnt pour her a pint of my 26oz imperial IPA. Nope, its the hefe. I asked her what kind of hop flavors she was picking up. She responds "flavors? I dunno, its all hopping around in my mouth, I mean I like it, but its just very hoppy" SWBMO was embarrassed for her

I dont know how on Earth you can go through life thinking carbonation=hops, I shouldve asked her what pepsi tastes like...

I have same setup. The fridge and a small hair dryer on a stc 1000. It was in the shed all winter even at negative 20. It works great.

right now mine is a cardboard box with a hairdryer on an stc-1000 while letting my lager go through d-rest in an otherwise 53F basement

Back