Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get yourself a bottle of Buxton/Omnipollo´s "Yellow Belly" or "Yellow Belly Sundae" if you can. It´s an imperial peanut butter biscuit stout and glorious. The Sundae version is additionally aged on bourbon barrels with vanilla and cacao. A snickers ice cream float in a glass. Heaven.

xD

That sounds good. I'll have to look that one up.

Is that organic, free-trade, clean label peanut butter packaged by a micro-loan, all-women-owned, artisanal peanutbuttery in West Africa?

I didn't think so, cretin.

:p

Organic- usually.
Free-trade- don't know if I've seen free trade peanut butter.
Clean label- no idea what that means.
Micro-loan- I have a few outstanding, but this didn't come from them.
All women owned- doubt it.
Artisanal- not this time. I'll see if my friends know of a peanutbuttery in west Africa that meets these specs. They just got back a couple weeks ago. :)

I had a super domestic home brew in my kegerator, but he didn't want that, either.

Friend came over on Sunday, when I offered him a beer he said he'd love a Coors. I told him I had a dozen different craft beer options of multiple styles for him to try yet he insisted on his choice. I poured him a hb instead. Said it was the best Coors he's ever had.

I was too drunk to tell him the truth.

One of SWMBOs friends was over and tries a sip of a hefe I offered her. She goes "its good, but very hoppy" I ask to smell the glass to make sure I didnt pour her a pint of my 26oz imperial IPA. Nope, its the hefe. I asked her what kind of hop flavors she was picking up. She responds "flavors? I dunno, its all hopping around in my mouth, I mean I like it, but its just very hoppy" SWBMO was embarrassed for her

I dont know how on Earth you can go through life thinking carbonation=hops, I shouldve asked her what pepsi tastes like...

One of SWMBOs friends was over and tries a sip of a hefe I offered her. She goes "its good, but very hoppy" I ask to smell the glass to make sure I didnt pour her a pint of my 26oz imperial IPA. Nope, its the hefe. I asked her what kind of hop flavors she was picking up. She responds "flavors? I dunno, its all hopping around in my mouth, I mean I like it, but its just very hoppy" SWBMO was embarrassed for her

I dont know how on Earth you can go through life thinking carbonation=hops, I shouldve asked her what pepsi tastes like...

So much for my innovative "Hop Candy" idea. Looks like it has been done already :(

eparty_2129_274527335-e1308396666623.jpg

Just read this today (nevermind the politics)...

"[Fox News] business model depends on morons; morons are the raw materials of their industry, the way Budweiser is in the hops business."

dwight-schrute-false-288x300.jpg

It almost hurts. At least they tried for a good analogy, just didn't have the research.

Friend came over on Sunday, when I offered him a beer he said he'd love a Coors. I told him I had a dozen different craft beer options of multiple styles for him to try yet he insisted on his choice. I poured him a hb instead. Said it was the best Coors he's ever had.

I was too drunk to tell him the truth.

Is that like the people who call every soft drink a Coke?

LOL look how confused North Carolina, Virginia, and New Mexico are

Look how confused that map is - I am in Durham County, NC (where it says "Coke" is prevalent), and don't know anyone here that calls all soda that. Most people I know here call it "soda" generically.

My dad worked for the Coca-Cola company for 30+ years when I was a kid. He called it Pop. He drove a Pop truck. The place he went to everyday was the Pop Plant. So, if my Pop say's it's called pop, I'll believe him! No matter what that map says.

:D

So what do the people in the "other" category call it?

I have a subset of relatives in Virginia that call all carbonated soda pops "drink". At dinner they ask "Do you want tea, milk, or drink?" and I guess whatever "drink" is opened is what you get.

In Minnesotait is pop however, in my travels some people don't know what pop is. Then of course in others places if you say coke and well that's all you get. Now if you say soda you might get some comments and strange looks but everyone does know what you are talking about. So I say soda as matter of habit now.

So what do the people in the "other" category call it?

Dr. Pepper, for your cola drinks (Pepsi, Coke, RC)

Coke for your fruity ones (Mtn Dew, Sunkist, Squirt)

Pepsi for your clear ones (Sprite, Sierra Mist)

Sunkist for your Dr Pepper clones.

:fro:

Back