Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much is bread, milk, and gas? How much do you make a year? All relative. Hopefully they aren't all on the wrong side of the scale. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

My city is the 12th most expensive city in the world, unfortunately. And yeah, tax for tobacco and alcohol are insanely high.

The average income is between $50-$70000 depending on what statistics you use.

My city is the 12th most expensive city in the world, unfortunately. And yeah, tax for tobacco and alcohol are insanely high.

Man that sucks. Good reason to make your own.

My father in law every time we talk about beer: "I hate ales; I can't stand ales; there are no ales that I like."

His favorite beers are Boddingtons, Guinness, and whatever ale I've recently made. FACEPALM

Unless you're a student like me, then its much less :p But yes brewing your own helps.

I find it funny I can go down to the bottleo and grab a 6pack of PBR for $12, yet Coopers Pale Ale 6pack is like $15 ... and I live 30mins from the brewery :cross:

Least PBR tastes better than the other beers round that price.

This afternoon my work mate was offered a beer, he politely declined stating that he was on a no sugar diet.

The offerer then tried to work out if we had a filter fine enough to remove the sugar from said beer for him.

......she decided that the coffee filters were likely not fine enough.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Unless you're a student like me, then its much less :p But yes brewing your own helps.

I find it funny I can go down to the bottleo and grab a 6pack of PBR for $12, yet Coopers Pale Ale 6pack is like $15 ... and I live 30mins from the brewery :cross:

Reminds me of the time we were in Canada with Ford on a fact finding tour. We went to the Beef Baron II, not knowing it was a classic burlesque show bar/restaurant. They had a whole cow leg roasted up in a warmer! Anyway, Molson was 3.18 Canadian per bottle, & only 1 1/4 miles from the brewery. WTF?

Wait... what? A 6 pack of PBR pounders are $5.99 or so here... Hell, our beer store practically tries to give away Genny Cream Ale :cross:

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410532120.855808.jpg

Has to be one if the funniest things I've heard about beer in a while.

Sent from somewhere to someone

View attachment 223495

I got stuck on "Superior drinkability" because, I don't really see how that's a factor in buying a drink. It's a pain in the ass to eat a Doner kebab without spilling sauce on your shirt, a New York style pizza without ending up in the Linda Lovelace position, but I continue to deep throat pizza because it tastes great.

View attachment 223495

OMG dude that pic gave me the shakes and I got a little sick to my stomach. .... remember the movie where a guy is offered a million dollars for someone to sleep with his wife? Yeah, that feeling. ....

OMG dude that pic gave me the shakes and I got a little sick to my stomach. .... remember the movie where a guy is offered a million dollars for someone to sleep with his wife? Yeah, that feeling. ....

I'd take the offer. First they'd have to get me a wife though. At the end of it I end up with a wife and a million dollars. Then she leaves me and I still end up with 250K at the end of it all.

At my 20th reunion (in 1987) I hooked up with an old classmate, and dated her off and on for a year. She told me one of her previous boyfriends had been offered $5,000 by a fellow yuppie, to back off for thirty days and let him have a shot at her. And he offered to double it, if she gave him head....

He indignantly turned the guy down, and didn't tell her about it until a year later when they were breaking up. Guess he was hoping for one final 'attaboy' out of her, on the way out the door.

Instead, she blew her top. As she said to me, "are you kidding me? Ten thousand dollars, and he never even mentioned it to me?!? For ten thousand dollars, I'd have made that man see God!" And judging by my personal experience, I think she could've done it. :p

And of course there's the old joke about the guy who asked a gal at a cocktail party, "would you go to bed with someone for a million dollars?" She thought about it for a minute and said, "yeah, I guess I would." So he asked her, "will you go to bed with me for a hundred dollars?"

She came unglued: "what do you think I am, anyway?!?" And he answered, "we've already established that, sweetie. Now we're just negotiating a price..."

It is, but that doesn't make it any less funny...

no it isn't. it came from an email from joe sixpack of coming soon beers
"
JOE SIXPACK REPORTS

GULP! Bud Light IPA

Bud Light IPA: Don't laugh - you know it's going to happen.

What might've been a sacrilege just a year ago seems inevitable today. And when it happens, craft beer will have only itself to blame as Anheuser-Busch Inbev laughs all the way to the bank.

Bud Light IPA is inevitable because neither "Bud Light" nor "IPA" mean what they used to mean.
"

no it isn't. it came from an email from joe sixpack of coming soon beers

"

JOE SIXPACK REPORTS

GULP! Bud Light IPA

Bud Light IPA: Don't laugh - you know it's going to happen.

What might've been a sacrilege just a year ago seems inevitable today. And when it happens, craft beer will have only itself to blame as Anheuser-Busch Inbev laughs all the way to the bank.

Bud Light IPA is inevitable because neither "Bud Light" nor "IPA" mean what they used to mean.

"

Read that article Thursday, but when I looked at the pic closely it looked shopped to me. And the article says it isn't real, but something he could see happening.

But you could be right, I've been known to misinterpret things. Ask my wife, haha.

Looks 'shopped to me, but you know it's only a matter of time before Bud tries to release some watered-down pseudo-IPA.

I was walking behind some frat guys while leaving the UA game tonight.

Guy 1: "So...would you rather have a beer that had been out of the cooler for 20 minutes, or a beer over ice?"

Guy 2: "Well...I guess it depends on how long it sits after being poured over ice."

Remember...beer isn't good unless it's ice cold. I guess that's why I got weird looks at a restaurant when I took a glass out of the fridge and then proceeded to hold it in my hands to warm it up some (this is a place where you get your own beer and glass...both of which are held at 34*). They sell a lot of really good craft beer, so I'm sure the owner knows beer, but then they chill both the beer and the glasses to 34 friggin degrees.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I've never seen my brother in law drink any alcohol. He said today that he doesn't drink because unless it's Bud Light, Miller Light, etc, he doesn't know what it is that he'd be drinking, and those beers have to be ice cold to be palatable.

I agree with him on the second part. I might have said that if he'd try a better beer with actual flavor, he might like it, but I don't think he's interested. He was just giving a set of reasons for not drinking.

Looks 'shopped to me, but you know it's only a matter of time before Bud tries to release some watered-down pseudo-IPA.

You mean an ultra-session IPA? I could see it happening since they have been gimmicking the other bud versions (platinum, sapphire, pikachu, etc)

Not beer related but alcohol related. "Whiskey tastes like varnish. That's why I stick with my Jack and Coke."

I need to take public transit more often it seems.

Not beer related but alcohol related. "Whiskey tastes like varnish. That's why I stick with my Jack and Coke."

I need to take public transit more often it seems.

I've told this story before, but I think I've reached an age where i can get away with repeating myself...:p

I made my wife a perfect mint julep: good bourbon, fresh mint muddled in sugar, pure water, ice crushed to the consistency of a Slushie, a fresh sprig of mint to top it off in a frozen glass....

Her response? "It's not bad, but I can still taste the whiskey." :drunk:

keep that up and you'll become a welder, just like me.

On that note, I hope to actually get up to the amateur welder level over the winter. I have a stick welder that I've never fully utilized. I've done a little repair work in the past, but I haven't fired it up in about 4 years.

Latest posts

Back