Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buddy and I were talking about kbs and how we enjoyed it. And he referred to it as "drinking a gods . . . . . . . "lady parts" (he used the real word)"

My father-in-law today tried 312 because my SWMBO said he should try something other than the standard BMC. Well he got it and said he would rather stick to the more flavorful beer with higher alcohol content. Haha. If only he knew.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

My father-in-law today tried 312 because my SWMBO said he should try something other than the standard BMC. Well he got it and said he would rather stick to the more flavorful beer with higher alcohol content. Haha. If only he knew.

If only he knew the ABV was exactly the same as most BMC, and his taste buds were shot?

I drank a 312 last evening, and wasn't impressed. Of course it was a few minutes after I finished a Budweiser chelada picante, so my taste buds may not have been at their delicate best....

"No one likes the taste of beer. They only drink it for how it makes them feel."

My wife has used that one before when I said I appreciated a beer that she didn't like. I told her it wasn't my favorite, but I appreciated the craftsmanship that went into making it.

I was in a bar in York last night and, although the beers on draught were all awful ( it was a rock venue with a late licence so the group I was with were more bothered about alcohol availability than quality) until I realised they actually had a range of Black Sheep ales in bottles.

I ordered one and asked for a glass.

Barmaid replied with "sure, do you want ice?"

I looked blankly and said "sorry, what?"

Barmaid: "Do you want ice? Most people get ice in their cider."

Me "Most people order Parmesan on their spaghetti but I don't want cheese in my beer either. No ice thanks"

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

@mcspanner...

"...they actually had a range of Black Sheep ales in bottles...

You lucky sod! It's been years since I've had anything from Black Sheep. My Great a Uncle lived in Kirky Malzard and I remember visiting Black Sheep with him just after it opened.

I drank a 312 last evening, and wasn't impressed. Of course it was a few minutes after I finished a Budweiser chelada picante, so my taste buds may not have been at their delicate best....

I understand it's not craft but I think I would take a 312 over a BMC. I gave my father in law a few of my beers (a kölsch brewed about 2 months ago and an American Amber. Much to my surprise he actually asked for another pint of both. think he's just being nice though. Trying to convert him.

So this wasn't my story, but homebrewing came up at a Bell's Hopslam cask tasting.

"My buddy does homebrewing, but his family only drinks icehouse. One time he brought a growler to share and after giving them tasters and them obviously not liking it he was drinking the growler on his own. After getting up and going to the bathroom and coming back the growler was full. His family said "here, we fixed it". They had topped it off with icehouse."

I can only imagine the look of pain and horror on that brewers face.

So this wasn't my story, but homebrewing came up at a Bell's Hopslam cask tasting.

"My buddy does homebrewing, but his family only drinks icehouse. One time he brought a growler to share and after giving them tasters and them obviously not liking it he was drinking the growler on his own. After getting up and going to the bathroom and coming back the growler was full. His family said "here, we fixed it". They had topped it off with icehouse."

should have pissed in their beers and said, "I would say now yours is fixed, but who could tell the difference?"

then gone on to live the rest of his life without a family

I'd say that hopefully the homebrew flavor would cover up the Icehouse lack of flavor but seriously, that **** isn't cool.

Drinking beer for the taste is like reading Playboy for the articles.
I used to say that back in high school when kids would argue about which BMC was the best tasting beer. ;)

Not sure where else I should post this but I found this funny. I went to my local beer shop and was asking about Heady Topper. The clerk went on to tell me that they get it occasionally but it cost $15 per 16 oz can.....wtf. I go to the net and of course it's listed as being $3 a can from the brewery. Now I live in central NY but crazy hike in price don't you think?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Home Brew mobile app

Not sure where else I should post this but I found this funny. I went to my local beer shop and was asking about Heady Topper. The clerk went on to tell me that they get it occasionally but it cost $15 per 16 oz can.....wtf. I go to the net and of course it's listed as being $3 a can from the brewery. Now I live in central NY but crazy hike in price don't you think?

Holy cats! For $15 that can of beer better be served by a couple scantily clad barmaids

Well, considering the Alchemist does not distribute to NJ, that means someone is driving to VT to find it. That can mean a lot of stops to find enough to make it worth while (since they don't sell at the brewery right now and distributors sell out if it very fast.) So yeah, $15 is an insane price for the beer, but it beats the alternative of driving to VT yourself!

Online the price for KBS was $5.99 when I got a bottle the other night it was 10.99

Go into my local beer store the other day looking for NB summer helles, the following dialogue ensued:
Me: hey have you guys gotten in new belgiums summer seasonal yet?
employee: i dont think so what kind of beer is it?
me: its a helles.
employee: hmm, what style is that?
me: its a style of german lager, called a helles.
employee: oh no, but we've got this kolsch.
me:no thanks, Im really just looking for that beer because i'm brewing one right now and am trying to get a good feel for the style.
employee: what are you brewing?
me: A HELLES.

At least one of his coworkers gave him a hefty amount of **** after that. Sigh.

And the worst part: I had the exact same conversation with him a couple of weeks prior when looking for any beer within the style.

Giant Eagle carries New Belgium beers,but I don't think they have the Helles either. I'll have to look. But Leinenkugel's Hoppin' Helles is actually pretty good. Nice yellow/gold color.

Go into my local beer store the other day looking for NB summer helles, the following dialogue ensued:
me:no thanks, Im really just looking for that beer because i'm brewing one right now and am trying to get a good feel for the style.

At least one of his coworkers gave him a hefty amount of **** after that. Sigh

And the worst part: I had the exact same conversation with him a couple of weeks prior when looking for any beer within the style.

Who's on first?

At least one of his coworkers gave him a hefty amount of **** after that. Sigh.

Finally, the thread is back on track with actual humor! :ban:

Cheers!

It would seem that all craft beers are "Dark beers" whether dark in color or maybe "Dark" because of ABV? This is from my fiance's parents who's son has been drinking more craft beer than the BMC he used to.

It really wants me to make some super pale beer that's like 8% and bring it over.

It would seem that all craft beers are "Dark beers" whether dark in color or maybe "Dark" because of ABV? This is from my fiance's parents who's son has been drinking more craft beer than the BMC he used to.

It really wants me to make some super pale beer that's like 8% and bring it over.

Duvel clone? :ban:

I didn't overhear this, but here goes.

So today my statistics professor lays out this whole scenario for us, and we have to run a one-way independent ANOVA with the IV being the fluid used to "water" sunflower seeds. The last part of the assignment involved writing an APA style summary of the results. Well, one of the liquids used was light American beer, and another was water.

The punchline, and end of the assignment was that "Light American beer was not significantly different from water."

I find myself with a new appreciation for Statistics.

Wood fired pizza and homebrew night at my place the other night. My guest really likes beer, but doesn't know much about it (this is Japan, after all, home of Asahi Super Dry). We drank many of glasses of a faux pils I brewed with Cali lager yeast and it was pretty fine. Then I dug deep and poured him a glass of my latest IPA. "Umm, this is really good. It has that dark taste, like a Guinness." Well, yeah....

Did you end up getting some of the beer? If you can get to a store with decent imports, Augustiner Edelstoff is the best Münchner Helles that I've had so far (Augustiner Lagerbier Hell being the close second). I haven't had the NB summer helles yet though.

So far i've tried NB Summer Helles, one from a super small start up on the frontrange of CO called Hall brewing Helles or something like that and weihestephaner original. NB's was definitely my least favorite. Ill have to keep an eye out for the ones you mentioned, Thanks!

Funny thing I heard about beer....

People standing in line at 8AM when the bottle shop opens at 9 because they heard the truck was bringing KBS that day.

I'm so done with these hype beers. Nothing is that good. It's beer people, settle down and re-prioritize your life.

Funny thing I heard about beer....

People standing in line at 8AM when the bottle shop opens at 9 because they heard the truck was bringing KBS that day.

I'm so done with these hype beers. Nothing is that good. It's beer people, settle down and re-prioritize your life.

Honestly if I can get something good with not to much effort I'll do it. But if the price is inflated 100% or I have to get in line for it at a store, no thanks. I love beer, but there's a diminishing return at the top scale. I haven't been on HBT much lately because of work being busy, but I had to look up what KBS was, my first thought upon seeing beer advocate come up was "oh, the next big hype".

Did you end up getting some of the beer? If you can get to a store with decent imports, Augustiner Edelstoff is the best Münchner Helles that I've had so far (Augustiner Lagerbier Hell being the close second). I haven't had the NB summer helles yet though.

Wait wait, Edelstoff is sold in the states?! I've been trying to find it!

Honestly if I can get something good with not to much effort I'll do it. But if the price is inflated 100% or I have to get in line for it at a store, no thanks. I love beer, but there's a diminishing return at the top scale. I haven't been on HBT much lately because of work being busy, but I had to look up what KBS was, my first thought upon seeing beer advocate come up was "oh, the next big hype".

Nothing "next" about it. KBS has been highly sought after for a long time.

Back