Funniest, worst, most ridiculous beer threads of all time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are getting trolled more often than not on FB ISO:FT.

I am trolling you guys more often than not on FB ISO:FT.

EDIT: It's simply amazing what people will respond to. The other day I asked if I bought for trade whether it would have zero trade value. The amount of serious responses is ridic.

Last edited:
I am trolling you guys more often than not on FB ISO:FT.

EDIT: It's simply amazing what people will respond to. The other day I asked if I bought for trade whether it would have zero trade value. The amount of serious responses is ridic.

This was supposed to say "bought beer for trade with a gift certificate whether it would have zero trade value."

So apparently I inadvertently stole this idea from levifunk. I remember Cap'n Krunkles (where is NickD?!?) but I do not remember SIR RIS...what was that all about?
That was when the bros
So apparently I inadvertently stole this idea from levifunk. I remember Cap'n Krunkles (where is NickD?!?) but I do not remember SIR RIS...what was that all about?

That was when the Bros used donated money t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶i̶n̶v̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶t̶e̶ to take a trip to Belgium. While no mods were on, the boards were flooded with RIS posts.

That was when the bros

That was when the Bros used donated money t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶i̶n̶v̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶t̶e̶ to take a trip to Belgium. While no mods were on, the boards were flooded with RIS posts.
RIS posts? Russian Imperial Stouts? What is SIR?

oh, SIR RIS was just one of the posts. For some reason that one sticks in my mind the most. Also "What is the best RIS to have on the toilet?"
RIS posts? Russian Imperial Stouts? What is SIR?

I think treyrab started the thread and it was literally "What is the best RIS to drink while taking a ****". One of the funnier events that happened on that site.

Not sure if you're aware, but he is the founder of this company - http://fusiontower.com/

Basically makes the world's prettiest randall.

Clicked on the link.

fusion_tower_parade.jpg

Wow, that is really nice, seems like it would be a cool thing to have [clicks on "buy it now"]

$8,000

hahahahahahahahaha

That was when the bros

if you type [ s ] then [ /s ] without the spaces you can type

to reinvest int he site

without whatever you just did.

Does ANYONE have a screenshot of the Rate Beer A. Jackson "cheese" thread?

Last edited:
Clicked on the link.

fusion_tower_parade.jpg

Wow, that is really nice, seems like it would be a cool thing to have [clicks on "buy it now"]

$8,000

hahahahahahahahaha

From what I can gather he is trying to make his bucks with event rentals/leases so may have an inflated premium price in order to encourage that channel more.

From what I can gather he is trying to make his bucks with event rentals/leases so may have an inflated premium price in order to encourage that channel more.
Or bar/restaurant sales. I can't imagine any average consumer needing that thing.

Wasn't he the one who left his mom and fiancé in a car at a hotel for 20-30minutes while he ran into a bottle share to tick a single beer? I am sure I am off on a detail or two.

HaveUSeenMyCellar's plea for a Cable Car in order to pay off a lost bet to Joel. Oh, man.

Would love to be able to see both of these.

Wasn't he the one who left his mom and fiancé in a car at a hotel for 20-30minutes while he ran into a bottle share to tick a single beer? I am sure I am off on a detail or two.

Nick is legend. I would say he either coined or inspired 80-90% of the ticker language we use today.

He's also the only human I'm aware of who is more orange than dontdrinkbeer

He was driving back from Napa and had his mom and fiancee in the car. He stopped so he could tick the RR Philly Beer Week beer at a tasting. It came up during the tasting that his fiancee wasn't with him, and he remarked casually, "Oh, she's outside in the car with my mom." There was no thread on it, but anecdotes like that one wound up on BA.

My personal favorite story: Nick found out there was a whale tasting going on in SoCal which (I think) included Dave or Spuyten Duyvil some other beers he wanted to tick. Initially, he and largadeer were invited, but as the size of the tasting grew, largadeer was told that they were uninvited. Nick initially couldn't believe it. Then he became furious and looked like he was going to throw something. He wanted largadeer to go back and propose a compromise where he could just tick the Duyvil or whatever and just leave his beers behind as a tribute. Then he just got really bummed out about it, before finally accepting. I observed that he had just gone through the five stages of grief over a tasting.

Second favorite: we were sitting around a table drinking beers, he was taking notes and not really paying attention. Arne took a sip and remarked, "This smells like brett." Nick, half-paying attention, opened his eyes wide and exclaimed, "WHAT!" *short pause* "I have a cousin named Brett." *longer pause while we all stifle laughter* "He's gay, actually." *room explodes*

As Stu said, he basically left the beer world after he got married a couple of years ago. He founded his own company and is doing some bio design fellowship, so he's putting all that obsessive energy to good use.

I miss him.

I'll go further. He moved to NYC for his new passion, then moved back to the Bay Area after he got hitched. Pretended to be back into beer for a couple days, then went back into start-up mode hiding.

I don't have the historical experience that Arbi or Largadeer have with him and craft beer, however, I too miss him. Between Evan and Nick (and Arbi), I have laughed my arse off more often than not. The beer becomes secondary. Except that time when we tried to hide a Funky Buddha MBCP from Largadeer. That **** was funny.

Back