Funniest, worst, most ridiculous beer threads of all time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Besides wear on the vehicle which you've nicely summarized, they also don't consider the opportunity cost associated with spending that 36 hours driving (presumably not an enjoyable thing to do, especially that much of it consecutively) rather than doing more productive or enjoyable things. All this for a bottle of marshmallow-flavored stout...

Personally I've never gone to a bottle release that didn't include at least some fun activities surrounding it (such as bottle shares, a day of drinking with cool beers on draft, etc.), and that's for drives that are rarely more than 2 hours (I've never gone further than 4, and that was for an all-weekend trip).
Next time RR releases Beat I might not bother going. At this point the only thing I'm driving for is SARA, and even then I try to trade for it with locals (or get my local brother to snag some) as often as I actually go.

Besides wear on the vehicle which you've nicely summarized, they also don't consider the opportunity cost associated with spending that 36 hours driving (presumably not an enjoyable thing to do, especially that much of it consecutively) rather than doing more productive or enjoyable things. All this for a bottle of marshmallow-flavored stout...

Personally I've never gone to a bottle release that didn't include at least some fun activities surrounding it (such as bottle shares, a day of drinking with cool beers on draft, etc.), and that's for drives that are rarely more than 2 hours (I've never gone further than 4, and that was for an all-weekend trip).
Being a guy in Kansas, you'd think it would be easier to get a BVDL and then trade that for the stupid Bullfrog beers or some ****.

Next time RR releases Beat I might not bother going. At this point the only thing I'm driving for is SARA, and even then I try to trade for it with locals (or get my local brother to snag some) as often as I actually go.
Yeah waiting in long lines is getting old. I'll just let some other chump overbuy and then scoop up what he doesn't want when he does a cellar fire sale. I feel like the whole hoarding thing has peaked, considering how many bottles of OMIGOD RAR I've been able to buy off people for cost. People get swept up in the hype, then realize how much crap they actually bought and don't want.

Don't get me wrong the guy was coming off as a total idiot (which is exactly how I'd describe anyone willing to drive 18+ hours, each direction, to get some beers just to trade), but it's utterly hilarious that people were getting so mad about his willingness to be such an idiot.

I think it's funny that so many people in this thread haven't realized yet that they are being trolled.

Too many stories and not enough screencaps, y'all. Especially that White Whale thing or any of the Gang Bang BIF fiascos.

Oh man, I really need to go back and re-read that thread where Centennial was being a total homie about the box Montana sent him.

And I miss Cam. Like, a lot.

I think it's funny that so many people in this thread haven't realized yet that they are being trolled.
I like how, at this point, "being trolled" means "reacted in any way". It's not actually trolling if the reactions is "haha, what an idiot."
Yeah waiting in long lines is getting old. I'll just let some other chump overbuy and then scoop up what he doesn't want when he does a cellar fire sale. I feel like the whole hoarding thing has peaked, considering how many bottles of OMIGOD RAR I've been able to buy off people for cost. People get swept up in the hype, then realize how much crap they actually bought and don't want.
I'm doing that, to an extent. Although I tend to be more "well, better drink this all" than "well, better sell this all". Though I've considered selling some excess Bruery inventory.

I love that because people never consider wear and tear on their cars when they're doing this ****. Right now the federal reimbursement rate is $0.56/mile (this is the best estimate for what it costs to drive your car places, including gas and wear and tear). 18 hours each way at 65mph (lower speed makes this better for him) is over $1,300. He may as well just ****ing buy the stupid BADL, they're only like $450, right? Idiot could buy 3 for the same cost as driving 18 hours, and that's not even counting wasting 36 hours of your time.

I like how, at this point, "being trolled" means "reacted in any way". It's not actually trolling if the reactions is "haha, what an idiot."

I have no problem with you, but you did calculations and ****. Anyway, I guess I could have phrased it better. I would have expected more people to have guessed it was a joke.

I have no problem with you, but you did calculations and ****. Anyway, I guess I could have phrased it better. I would have expected more people to have guessed it was a joke.
You think it was? I do not. People are that dumb.

Wish I got a screencap of a thread that just got deleted on the Lambic Lovers FB page. It culminated with some dude from HiStilts Brewing in Florida defending his beer as a genuine lambic and subsequently making racist remarks to GoozySosa based on his Gucci Mane profile picture.

Wish I got a screencap of a thread that just got deleted on the Lambic Lovers FB page. It culminated with some dude from HiStilts Brewing in Florida defending his beer as a genuine lambic and subsequently making racist remarks to GoozySosa based on his Gucci Mane profile picture.

funny but not worthy I feel like.

Who was the guy (or troll) who kept posting threads on BA for his Supplication or "aged" Pliny. I think he was from Philly or NJ. It was late last year around the time I got banned. I loved that guy.

The one on BA where the guy asked for high-resolution cantillon labels. When asked why he wanted them, he replied, "None of your business". The ensuing thread was full of hilarity that probably got deleted because beer is serious and no laughs are allowed.
Hey, I want high-resolution Cantillon labels.

For science.

eulIcgG.jpg

13139339.jpg

This one has some potential but I suspect it will get shut down fast:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/ft-pre-bullfrog-le-grrrz-trio-iso-bvdl.186805/

Guy is going to drive 18 hours from Kansas for the Bullfrog release so he can then flip them for a BVDL. some incensed neckbeard responded as follows:

One is Starting to brew on ISO:FT right now. Angry at someone driving 18 hrs for Grzzzz. Srs

Don't get me wrong the guy was coming off as a total idiot (which is exactly how I'd describe anyone willing to drive 18+ hours, each direction, to get some beers just to trade), but it's utterly hilarious that people were getting so mad about his willingness to be such an idiot.

I love that because people never consider wear and tear on their cars when they're doing this ****. Right now the federal reimbursement rate is $0.56/mile (this is the best estimate for what it costs to drive your car places, including gas and wear and tear). 18 hours each way at 65mph (lower speed makes this better for him) is over $1,300. He may as well just ****ing buy the stupid BADL, they're only like $450, right? Idiot could buy 3 for the same cost as driving 18 hours, and that's not even counting wasting 36 hours of your time.

Yeah I don't understand people who drive insane distances for beer releases, unless they are working it into a larger trip. Some dude from VT or VA was gonna drive to Toppling Goliath for the Assassin release (which ended up not happening at the taproom). Like, really? Just trade for it or pay inflated prices at that point. Sheesh.

Being a guy in Kansas, you'd think it would be easier to get a BVDL and then trade that for the stupid Bullfrog beers or some ****.

I am the Drankenstein.

Last edited:
Clicked on the link.

fusion_tower_parade.jpg

Wow, that is really nice, seems like it would be a cool thing to have [clicks on "buy it now"]

$8,000

hahahahahahahahaha

They do look fantastic, but I'm 99% sure I could buy all the tubing and SH fittings for that and assemble it myself for like 1/8th that cost.

I mean, come on. This or this?

Back