Full volume mash mineral additions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayMckeever

Reaction score
I just converted my keggle and want to do a full water volume mash in the keggle then raise the temp to finish conversion. I'm using ro water so I know I have to adjust the mineral additions. My question is, since I don't have a "sparge", and bru'n water has mash and sparge additions, how should I proceed with the minerals? Would I add them all to the mash? Add the sparge minerals when I raise the temp to170 for 10 min?

I just converted my keggle and want to do a full water volume mash in the keggle then raise the temp to finish conversion. I'm using ro water so I know I have to adjust the mineral additions. My question is, since I don't have a "sparge", and bru'n water has mash and sparge additions, how should I proceed with the minerals? Would I add them all to the mash? Add the sparge minerals when I raise the temp to170 for 10 min?

If you're using all the water at once, just treat all the water at the same time.

Thanks for the help. I was confused as the spreadsheet had some minerals going into the mash but not the sparge

Thanks for the help. I was confused as the spreadsheet had some minerals going into the mash but not the sparge

Yes, it is confusing. The easiest thing to do (whether BIAB or traditional) is to just treat the water at the same time. The additions are divided up just by the amount of water in each the mash and sparge and not any other reason except that you don't add alkali to the sparge water. So it's fine for the water to all be treated at once.

Back