Full Sail LTD 05-Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a_darb

Reaction score
Hello,

Pretty new to brewing and would love to try to clone the Full Sail LTD 05. Its an amber lager (freakin delicious). They actually put the ingredients on the box but I don't know how much to use.

Pale Malt
Chocolate Malt
Caramel Malt
Saaz Hops
Willamette Hops
Glacier Hops

IBU supposed to be 28
OG supposed to be 1056
ABV supposed to be 5.6

I tried using Beersmith but I've only been brewing for 6 months and still learning. If anyone can give me suggestions on how much of the malts I'm supposed to use and at what point to add the hops (60min or 45min) I would be very appreciative. Thanks!!

-Darb:mug:

Are you doing AG or Extract brewing?

For AG my closest approximation would be (and I don't know the hop profile so it's a guess):
  • 9lbs. 2-row
  • 1.5lbs. Crystal 40
  • 0.5lb. Chocolate
  • 1 oz. Glacier @ 60min
  • 1 oz. Saaz @ 25 min. or so
  • 1 oz. Willamette @ flame-out
  • Typical Lager yeast (must ferment cold 45-55F)

For Extract just swap the 2-row grain out for 2 3.3lbs cans of Light LME

This is all guessing but that should bring you in the ball park. The hops are up to you to figure out since I don't know this beer.

That's what I based my quick fix recipe around. I wasn't sure if a_darb was AG or extract brewing. The hops used in that were also different from what a_darb said they used. Regardless, either recipe should get you in the ball park, then it is about tinkering it yourself to make it work for you.

Just remember if this is a lager, you need lager yeast and the ability to hold fermentation temperatures betwee 45-55F and a diacetyl rest around 60-65F

Thanks for giving me some ideas!! Since I'm a newbie I've only been extract brewing. Planning on building a chamber so we can do this and other lagers. Thanks for the input!!

So did this ever work out for you? i just recently decided to try this one out myself.

Latest posts

Back