Fuggledowns Ginger Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good! Kinda reminds me of the Michellin man. How did you get the text to wrap around the border lile that? Oops' just had to stand up for a sec.

stale said:
Looks good! Kinda reminds me of the Michellin man. How did you get the text to wrap around the border lile that? Oops' just had to stand up for a sec.
I used a path, and typed around the path. Photoshop was used last night, usually gimp.
Basically I selected the 'inner' gradient - blue through white, inside the blue border. Then grew the selection by a bunch of pixels - 30? 40? can't rememeber. In the 'paths' palette I made it into a 'work path' - there's a button at the bottom. Once thats done you can select the text icon and if you click on the path your text will follow the path. You can then select the start and end points of the text and it will follow around. I selected the bottom middle of the path as the start and end and then centered the text on the path. Quite simple, once I read a tutorial or 2. There's loads of info on the web about these sort of things.

Here's the label for my latest. I think I'll be using this format as a template.
Anyone got ideas or suggestions??

77207515357cc882a7b576589c658ebce55e818599f187efae22bc61913e63abae998c10.jpg

I like it! The template design is quite refined. I've been toying with a sort of template for my labels, but yours is a cut above what I've been doing!

Back