Ftss extension coils

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superkrai

Reaction score
I have a 7 gallon brew bucket and also purchased the ftss system. I am now looking to purchase the extension could to both do small test batches and to just reach lower into the fermenter as well.

My concern is the possibility for this to leak inside the fermenter. Has anyone experienced this?

I dont think you have to worry... I have one Ive only used once but the seals look like they are pretty robust. I can say if you dont use the extensions, the coil is a bit of a pain in the ass to clean with krausen on it from being partially submerged. I just use blue discharge hose wrapped around the outside of my other three conicals and even though its not as pretty, they work excellent and make cleanup a lot less work..

Yeah I've used coils about 4 times and each time have had to scrub at least twice to get all the krausen. Guess I'll just order the extension and see. Thanks

Back