Fruit beer synonyms?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AzaaKhan

Reaction score
Is there any other cool descriptions for fruit beer?
i know radler and beermix, but i want a rly cool word for fruit beer? any idea guys ?

Do you want to make up your own or a generic name? I mean shandy isn't a fruit beer so...

Radler and shandy's are mixed like 50:50 with lemon soda, lemonade, ginger ale. I don't consider that the same as a full strength beer with fruit additions added during fermentation.

Radler and shandy's are mixed like 50:50 with lemon soda, lemonade, ginger ale. I don't consider that the same as a full strength beer with fruit additions added during fermentation.

You have a black and white definition of a shandy, wheres your imagination..haha..

Nobody considers it a full strength beer with fruit additions, I don't.

I'm giving them OP suggestions for what could be described as "fruit beer", I'm sure a ton of us have had a summer shandy/radler with some sort of fruit added

I guess I should have put an "etc." there after the ginger ale. Don't want to come of as having no imagination! :)

I was trying to say that a shandy or radler is a specific mixed combination, often with fruit, but I think very different from what most folks consider fruit beers. OP are you trying to name a brew? If you call it a radler I think folks are gonna expect it to be that type of a mix.

I guess I should have put an "etc." there after the ginger ale. Don't want to come of as having no imagination! :)

I was trying to say that a shandy or radler is a specific mixed combination, often with fruit, but I think very different from what most folks consider fruit beers. OP are you trying to name a brew? If you call it a radler I think folks are gonna expect it to be that type of a mix.

Fair enough

I live in a country there has been not many beer styles so far and here we have a fruit flavored beer called fruit beer, now i want to change this somehow to a better one, Radler would actually be a good name, but the beer has 4% ABV and there is another big brewery has a beer called Radler (the only Radler called beer here) which makes people think our beer is their copy. (wrong marketing). so im a bit confused. the people in this country really dont have a good beer education to know radler is a type of beer not a beer name.

What kind of fruit flavoring does your beer have, and is there a base style to the beer? For example watermelon wheat, cherry stout, etc. If you describe the beer a bit I'm sure someone can help you find a catchy name. Do you have a brewery name?

the beer is a lager beer with 4%ABV. 3 different styles with flavours lemon/lime, mango/peach, pineapple/grapefruit. so i need to give a name that fits to all 3 of them and maybe more styles will come in future.

You mix beer with fruit, which makes it a fruit beer....its what a shandy is and so is a radler

radler = shandy

Not sure if there are different definitions in the rest of the world, but you ask anyone in the UK whether a fruit beer was a shandy and I think the answer would be a resounding no. A fruit beer has fruit included in the fermentation stage for me. You ask for a shandy over here, that's 50:50 with lemonade.

I live in a country there has been not many beer styles so far and here we have a fruit flavored beer called fruit beer, now i want to change this somehow to a better one, Radler would actually be a good name, but the beer has 4% ABV and there is another big brewery has a beer called Radler (the only Radler called beer here) which makes people think our beer is their copy. (wrong marketing). so im a bit confused. the people in this country really dont have a good beer education to know radler is a type of beer not a beer name.

4% fruit flavored beer name?

Round here we call those "Shock Top".

the beer is a lager beer with 4%ABV. 3 different styles with flavours lemon/lime, mango/peach, pineapple/grapefruit. so i need to give a name that fits to all 3 of them and maybe more styles will come in future.

Tropical storm shandy.

I'll only charge you 10% lol

Latest posts

Back