Fridge w/ freezer on the bottom & keg pressure?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarSide792

Reaction score
I was able to procure a FREE fridge for my kegerator project...which I can't complain about at all. It is slightly strange though, one of the Amana fridges that has the freezer on the bottom (a few years old now).

Question is: will the height of the faucets in relationship to that of the cornys have any adverse effect on keg/line pressure? They definitely won't be any lower than the bottom of the cornys, but it might be close.... :confused:

According the draught beer quality manual, the only thing that matters is the height of the faucet in relationship to the center of the keg. I believe it is .5lb of resistance for ever foot that the faucet is above the center of the keg, and -.5lb of resistance for every foot the faucet is below the center of the keg.

Hmmm......I guess the only real way to figure this one out is set it all up and see what the hell happens. I just got the kegconnection.com 2 keg kit, so whatever length those beer lines are (6' I'm guessing?) is what I'll try at first. I think the taps will prob be roughly 1/3 the way up from the bottom of the keg, so almost the middle.

I'm not much of a fan of this style of fridge, but as I said...it was free :) All I gotta do is just paint it black and I'll be ready to test (should have a beer ready to keg sat too).

Latest posts

Back