Fridge Sizing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdx

Reaction score
I'm thinking of switching over to a kegging system and want 4 kegs in the system. Is it possible to fit 4 kegs in an upright fridge? or is it going to be a really tight squeeze?

Craig's List fridges are soo much cheaper than chest freezers but everyone seems to be going the chest freezer route. Any other thoughts and/or recommendations are appreciated.

PS I know this is my first post but only because I've never had to ask anything that wasn't already answered on this site in my 2 1/2 years of brewing. You guys seriously rock. Keep the knowledge coming.

I have a regular size upright, freezer on top, fridge for my kegerator. I can fit 5 kegs, 3 in the back and 2 in the front. I could fit six if I removed the plastic shelf from the inside of the door. I also have my co2 cylinder outside the fridge.

If it was going to be somewhere in the main part of my house I may have made a keezer or something more visually appealing. My kegerator is in my basement and it works great. I really like the extra freezer space too.

I also have a standard size upright with a freezer on the top. I have four on tap and a 20 lb co2 tank in the frig. It's tight but not that bad! The upright route is agreat way to go! The conversion is really fast to! Here's a pic of mine!

image-726046434.jpg

Latest posts

Back