fridge freezer conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titch10169

Reaction score
hi guys so i did the conversion but havnt been able to take out the dividing shelf as yet ! im running the fridge freezer as the cold (obviously) and bought a 80watt boat heater for the heat run by an stc 1000 controler my question is that i havnt been able to take out the shelf would it b best for me to fill the freezer half with bottles of water to help with the cooling or will the freezer not cycle for long enough to freeze the water or do i just run it empty ive bypassed the origional thermostat with a bridge :confused:

I'm a little confused about your fridge/freezer "conversion". You mention a heater, so I will guess you are are making a fermentation chamber. Is the freezer on the top or the bottom,or, all you talking about a one door fridge that gives you access to the freezer and/or the fridge at the same time? Where is the shelf?

the freezer is on the bottom and the dividing shelf that seperates the fridge from the freezer is in the middle ill try upload a pic and yeah its a ferm chamber my apologies this is not the actual fridge but is the same ive removed all shelfs and drawers

images.jpg

images  1.jpg

Back