Freshops 2009 harvest is available. And they have citra!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenbirds

Reaction score
Prices are not as cheap as Hopsdirect, but it's nice to be able to buy per ounce instead of pound.

I'm pretty excited to try out the citra variety, as it's been pretty hyped yet all but impossible to find.

Links: http://www.freshops.com

They've got some different variety there that I couldn't get from Hopsdirect: Simcoe, Crystal, and I also want to try some Citra. My wife's going to think I'm crazy, as I just got 10 pounds in the mail from hopsdirect, and I'm really tempted now to put in another order from these guys.

Tempting, but I already ordered 4lbs of 2008 from hopsdirect and spending $2/oz shipped is a little painful when I just got some for $.65/oz. Next year I will keep this fact in mind though.

The lhbs has all of the varieties (except citra) that FH does and the price is the same once shipping is considered. I'll stick with HD because of the extreme difference in price and the fact that their lbs. are generally a few ozs. heavy. That's like getting $5 worth of freshops' hops for free!

yeah, I just bagged 5 of my 10 pounds from HD this weekend, and they have been 2 oz. heavy MINIMUM per pound

Can't beat the Freshops whole hops for dry hopping. The aroma I get from these is INCREDIBLE...

I ordered some citra and 2# of simcoe leaf, that should last me another year, I dry hop almost exclusively with simcoe, amarillo and crystal leaf now.

I dry-hop mainly with Simcoe and Crystal also, which (after your plug for Freshops) is exactly why I'll be putting an order in for a pound each of these guys.

If you like Simcoe and Crystal, you should try NZ Super Alpha if you can get your hands on it. I had it recommended to me as a replacement for Simcoe since my LHBS was out of Simcoe, so I tried it and loved it. Pine and lemongrass and just amazing aroma as a dry hop choice.

what is shipping price like? I see if you are under 3 lbs they would use USPS so it shouldn't be too much even though 1lb of leaf hops comes out to 1.44lb shipping weight on their site

I'm so excited to try Citra hops but I don't have space in my freezer for whole hops. Anyone got any recipe ideas for Citra? I was thinking a simcoe/citra IPA or pale ale.

Those prices are pretty good compared to what they were charging for the 2008 crop. I don't think they had anything for under $2.00 an oz before.

They deliver quickly!
3970000999_a8d9411bfc.jpg

Back