Freezer thermostat control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhelegda

Reaction score
I have a freezer chest, I use a Johnson Controls analog thermostat control to regulate my kegerator. I just bought a whirlpool refrigerator to lager beer. Will this controller work on a regular refrigerator?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yeah...all the JC Thermostat does is cycle the power to the refrigerator/freezer when the temp reaches the setpoint that you program.

If the fridge has temp control built in, I would set it to the lowest setting so that the fridge will be ON when the thermostat tells it to be. This isn't necessary, but it will help override your fridge's built-in temperature settings.

By lowest setting you mean coldest or set to Number 5 I assume? This is how I have my freezer chest

Ok so I just checked on the beer it's at about 60 degrees, and the fridge is starting to smell funny, hope that is just the diactyl rest producing the off smell! Any ideas?

if you are fermenting in the fridge yeah you will get some interesting smells that normally would just disperse in a room, but now are trapped in the fridge until you open the door.

But they will go away from the beer? I don't care about a stinky fridge, I just don't want to have stinky beer

Back