Free . . . zer Score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnOldUR

fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My wife calls me this morning while she's on her way to work. Says she saw a couple of refrigerators at the end of someone's driveway not far from our house. When I got there I found one was a refrigerator the other was an upright freezer. Older couple comes out and says the fridge doesn't work great, but the freezer worked well. They say they're moving and couldn't get rid of them in time and that the garbage company was going to charge $50 each the take them away. Got the freezer home and managed to bend down two of the fixed shelves without breaking anything.

You can never have too many fermentation chambers. :D

upright freezer3.jpg

Great find! Hold on to that wife!
Yup! Found her over forty years ago. Not planning on letting go!

The freezer has to wait 24 hours before being plugged. If that doesn't go well, it will get dumped.

hmmm . . . I guess some people choose a wife that way too. :p

haha my wife would tell me about it, then regret telling me about it, but wouldn't stop me from picking it up. Great score man.

YeeeHaaa! Gave it enough time for the oils to settle then plugged it in last night. Went to the basement less than two hours later and it was down to zero.
:tank:

My wife is also supportive. I don't have nearly as much time in as you but I learned it starts with freindship. Sometimes I feel bad for my wife. I have several hobbies but she suprized me with this one. Building cars, building guns, making beer, and hunting consume the little spare time that I have.

Back