• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Illinois Free: Oxygen Concentrator and bottles. $50: 10gal MLT and 5gal HLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBBF

Reaction score
Looking to unload a few items before a move. I have several boxes of de-labeled bombers and an oxygen concentrator to give away. I also have a 10 gallon cooler MLT and 5 gallon HLT that I would like to get $50. Located on the NW side of Chicago.

PXL_20211002_164223361.jpg

Bump this up before things get taken out to the alley.

Yes, that ^ would be a shame!
Craigslist is another possible venue, especially for local (no-shipping) sales.

i thought they were just a way to refill an oxygen bottle?
No. A concentrator is an in home oxygen device for the patient. It's an endless supply as long as there is electricity, it takes the O2 out of the air. There's a different device for refilling the lighter more portable tanks (not the green ones). An oxygen service will come and swap out the green tanks and either swap or refill the refiller tank. I'm pretty sure it is a swap as well. You only get so many charges out of the refiller. I am not sure whether refiller tank is the correct term but I used to help my dad refill his portables and keep an eye on his oxygen when I visited him.

Are you selling those stainless vessels in the photos? If so I'm local and interested.
Assuming the oxygen concentrator is a viable alternative to using bottled oxygen to oxygenate wort, I'll take it!!

I'm taking the wine fermenters with me, but the oxygen concentrator is up for grabs. As someone commented in the thread, plug it in and it is unlimited O2.

Hold your horses now, one thing at a time.

still thinking about the milk cans, huh? 😛 :mug: (just put 10 gallons in to one of mine, once fermentation takes off, i plan to see if i can get 10 psi in it, which will save me enough co2 on green house emisions, to buy you the o2 concentrator! get it man, you don't drive enough anyway....get out see the city! lol :mug:)

edit: if your're collecting o2, you can say you're carbon neutral homebrewing since 2021! ;)

still thinking about the milk cans, huh?
I was juuust about to pull the trigger on one of those milk cans when I noticed they are all made of SS201 😜

Good stuff for pH neutral dairy processing but somewhat less than ideal for acidic sour mashes, etc. I'm still on the fence but I can tell you we don't use it in cookware.

I was juuust about to pull the trigger on one of those milk cans when I noticed they are all made of SS201 😜

Good stuff for pH neutral dairy processing but somewhat less than ideal for acidic sour mashes, etc. I'm still on the fence but I can tell you we don't use it in cookware.

i thought it was 304? still seems better then HDPE?

do you have a link to where it's not normal SS? or is this a joke? seriously? it's working good for a few batches now.....wipes down easily, not noticing any rust or anything?

i thought it was 304? still seems better then HDPE?

do you have a link to where it's not normal SS? or is this a joke? seriously? it's working good for a few batches now.....wipes down easily, not noticing any rust or anything?
I'm just messing with you. 201 is fine since you're not simmering tomato sauce in it.

does that mean passivation doesn't work on it? lol
No, it means that lower nickel content makes it more prone to corrosion in salt air climates and somewhat more reactive if you cook acidic foods in it. No big deal, just a few ions of chromium. There's probably more in your municipal water supply.

I will say the one time we specified 201, the actual parts we received were sent to a lab for verification and it had even less nickel so didn't even meet the 201 specification. YMMV.

No, it means that lower nickel content makes it more prone to corrosion in salt air climates and somewhat more reactive if you cook acidic foods in it. No big deal, just a few ions of chromium. There's probably more in your municipal water supply.

I will say the one time we specified 201, the actual parts we received were sent to a lab for verification and it had even less nickel so didn't even meet the 201 specification. YMMV.

sure am glad i still don't brew in a aluminum turkey fryer pot! still think the o2 thingy would be worth the drive though!

Last edited:
Looking to unload a few items before a move. I have several boxes of de-labeled bombers and an oxygen concentrator to give away. I also have a 10 gallon cooler MLT and 5 gallon HLT that I would like to get $50. Located on the NW side of Chicago.

View attachment 749937
For my information, can the oxygen concentrator put out enough to oxygenate a fermentator of wort prior to pitching yeast?

I thought about going that route before I settled on a 20 cuft tank of oxygen and a medical regulator.

Can you post a photo of the mash tun and HLT? I might take it all off your hands.
Nothing special. 10 gallon cooler with a bazooka tube. Bought it right before deciding to upgrade to an electric keggle and turning my boil kettle into a mash tun. Hasn't seen a lot of use. PXL_20211211_124735699.jpg

Back