• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Michigan Free Fresh Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveTF

Reaction score
I've been growing hops over the past few years and unfortunately I'm no longer able to drink beer so brewing it would not be a good idea.
I've got six varieties that I grow and your welcome to what I have. The amount depends on the variety. This is what I have.

Centennial
Cascade
Comet
Willamette
Northern Brewer
Chinook

The Cascade and Comet are producing the most this year with Willamette and Centennial close behind.

If you're looking to make a fresh hop beer this would be perfect. If you want to dry and use later you won't get fresher.
Grown organically. I've used them in the past. The northern brewer made a great California Common.

Let me know if you are interested. If you're in South East Michigan you're in driving distance. If there are no takers the will end up in compost. Such a waist :mad:. I'd prefer to see someone enjoy these.

I'm open to anyone that wants some rhizomes too. I'm probably going to dig up a few of these as they take work every year and I'd rather spend the time on the garden.

Here’s some pics.

Attachments

• 4B6858C5-59E6-42E1-A8CB-19508A193550.jpeg
    4B6858C5-59E6-42E1-A8CB-19508A193550.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 5E234FFA-28CB-4BCA-9460-E31A6CC37327.jpeg
    5E234FFA-28CB-4BCA-9460-E31A6CC37327.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
They look really good, my plants were attacked by bugs that ate all the leaves, still got some hops though!
I have cascade and Brewer's Gold.
If you want to dig any up and cram them into a snail-mail box (hopefully in the winter/early spring?) I'd pay for the shipping and maybe cover some of your time. I wonder if they could be shipped in the fall?
I'd be interested in Comet, Northern Brewer and maybe Willamette.

I've been growing hops over the past few years and unfortunately I'm no longer able to drink beer so brewing it would not be a good idea.
I've got six varieties that I grow and your welcome to what I have. The amount depends on the variety. This is what I have.

Centennial
Cascade
Comet
Willamette
Northern Brewer
Chinook

The Cascade and Comet are producing the most this year with Willamette and Centennial close behind.

If you're looking to make a fresh hop beer this would be perfect. If you want to dry and use later you won't get fresher.
Grown organically. I've used them in the past. The northern brewer made a great California Common.

Let me know if you are interested. If you're in South East Michigan you're in driving distance. If there are no takers the will end up in compost. Such a waist :mad:. I'd prefer to see someone enjoy these.
What part of SE Michigan? I'm far west suburbs of Chicago, but just might need to make the trip.

Centennial
Cascade
Comet
Willamette
Northern Brewer
Chinook

If you have any local breweries around they would probably have interest in doing a wet hop beer and would likely help harvest to get the fresh hops.

I'm in the Fenton, MI area. Quite a ways from west Chicago.

Latest posts

Back