Free book on German and Austrian beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shetc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/der_ak/status/1243812760871452676?s=20

Screenshot_20200328-110015_Chrome.jpg

I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but twitter wants me to sign up then Amazon requires me to sign up. Is there any other way to enjoy this E-Book? Sorry for not wanting to my in-box filled with unwanted e-mail from places that I have (at this time) no interest in. Thanks in advance if anyone can help those less inclined, maybe I'm just going about it wrong.
Thanks
Joel B.

I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but twitter wants me to sign up then Amazon requires me to sign up. Is there any other way to enjoy this E-Book? Sorry for not wanting to my in-box filled with unwanted e-mail from places that I have (at this time) no interest in. Thanks in advance if anyone can help those less inclined, maybe I'm just going about it wrong.
Thanks
Joel B.

C'mon Joel, it's free :yes:

https://www.amazon.com/Historic-German-Austrian-Beers-Brewer-ebook/dp/B07B2JRZMD

Thanks
Joel B.

Since you want everyone else to do all the work for you, who is it that actually makes “your” beer?
Just sayin.

I was contemplating buying this book anyway, so was considering giving the author a donation, then realized that probably violates the contract the author signed with Amazon publishing (so they can get a cut... probably a very large cut).

Kindle or Kindle for PC is probably a good app to have anyway. That's all you need for this book. There are other free books available on kindle, and I'm not noticing any emails flooding my inbox, so either there are none, or they were easy to turn off.

Thanks for posting the link, shetc, and thanks to the author of course!

Wow I am so sorry that I said any thing. I just thought, as a lot of you guys offer stuff up all the time that if you had it in a PDF that you might share that version. Yes it's free, yes I could get if I really thought it was going to be such a big deal. I just don't like my e-mail box stuffed full of crap for a one time deal. Maybe the e-mail wouldn't come, who's to say, but I just don't like giving it a chance if I don't have to. I don't have a Kindle thing and until now saw no need. I am sure I will get by with out this reading material. Oh, Chill the EFF out!! Have a beer for shixx sakes. You guys make it sound like I was asking for your first born. I was under the impression that this forum was a helpful group but I guess I was wrong, sorry. I apologize again. You may return to your snobbish clique.
And to this,
Since you want everyone else to do all the work for you, who is it that actually makes “your” beer?
Just sayin.

and this,
Should we read the hard words for you too?

SERIOUSLY! How lazy can you get?

You are kind of special all by your self. Oh well, enjoy your reading if you can get away from your need to belittle others.
Joel B.

Wow I am so sorry that I said any thing. I just thought, as a lot of you guys offer stuff up all the time that if you had it in a PDF that you might share that version. Yes it's free, yes I could get if I really thought it was going to be such a big deal. I just don't like my e-mail box stuffed full of crap for a one time deal. Maybe the e-mail wouldn't come, who's to say, but I just don't like giving it a chance if I don't have to. I don't have a Kindle thing and until now saw no need. I am sure I will get by with out this reading material. Oh, Chill the EFF out!! Have a beer for shixx sakes. You guys make it sound like I was asking for your first born. I was under the impression that this forum was a helpful group but I guess I was wrong, sorry. I apologize again. You may return to your snobbish clique.
And to this,
Just sayin.

and this,

You are kind of special all by your self. Oh well, enjoy your reading if you can get away from your need to belittle others.
Joel B.

I don't know where the above is coming from. Are you ok Joel?

Just downloaded to my kindle.
Thank you for posting! I gravitate toward german beers. This will be a great read.

For those without a kindle, there is a simple kindle reader you can download to your PC or phone.
It's really not a big deal.

I don't know where the above is coming from. Are you ok Joel?
I'm quite OK, thanks for asking. All I was doing was responding to other posters that chose to belittle me and another person for asking if any body had a PDF copy of this book. They took it upon them selves to make comments that at the time, kind of made me mad. I thought I asked in a polite manner, not demanding or so I thought, I guess not. After I posted that I realized that those people have no idea why I asked. No worries, I have no reason to expect anybody to go out of there way for me and I forgot that I shouldn't ask. My fault. I probably couldn't read it (the E-Book) any way, BIG WORDS scare me a little some times and heaven forbid I might have another question.
I hope all's well with every one with all this C-19 stuff in the air. I'm doing my best, drinking store bought beer that some one else made, wishing it was home brew. Stay safe and healthy.
Joel B.

And to this,
Just sayin.

and this,

Joel B.

First off, it was just me. One person that believes in self sufficiency. No “snobbish clique”.
You still don’t get it and I suspect that you never will.
However I do regret the not making your own beer thing.
You DO make a lot of “whine”!
I am a very firm believer in helping my fellow man.
As long as my fellow man is willing to help themselves instead of whining about the inequities of life.
YOU don’t want YOUR inbox being inundated with emails, but its ok to fill MY inbox.
If someone else has already done the work, then why should you?

I am always willing to help those willing to help themselves.

Just as a general aside, you took longer to whine about my posts than it would have taken to download the software AND the book.

I'm quite OK, thanks for asking. All I was doing was responding to other posters that chose to belittle me and another person for asking if any body had a PDF copy of this book. They took it upon them selves to make comments that at the time, kind of made me mad. I thought I asked in a polite manner, not demanding or so I thought, I guess not. After I posted that I realized that those people have no idea why I asked. No worries, I have no reason to expect anybody to go out of there way for me and I forgot that I shouldn't ask. My fault. I probably couldn't read it (the E-Book) any way, BIG WORDS scare me a little some times and heaven forbid I might have another question.
I hope all's well with every one with all this C-19 stuff in the air. I'm doing my best, drinking store bought beer that some one else made, wishing it was home brew. Stay safe and healthy.
Joel B.

I'm glad to read that you are ok. This COVID-19 has made everyone's anxiety and stress go up. Sometimes a forum (any forum), allows posters to vent and post items they normally would not post.

I downloaded the ebook to my Kindle account and read it yesterday. Really read 3/4 of the history before jumping to the various recipes. You might find it useful as I did.

While the author made the generous offer to give his ebook free, he did NOT allow or give it away in any published fashion such as a paperback book or pdf file. The author controls how his copyrighted book can be parceled out, distributed or sold. While there are programs that convert Kindle to pdfs, the pdfs can only be used as a backup for your own computer and cannot be used to distribute or upload to others. Doing so would be considered copyright infringement and HBT would not even allow it.

For the record, I have never received any emails regarding anything involving Kindle and Amazon regarding any of their ebooks. Maybe things have changed, I have no idea. My point is that you are making an assumption that if you sign up, you will receive all kinds of emails. I'm not sure that is a correct assumption.

I hope everyone stays well....

Last edited:
I'm glad to read that you are ok. This COVID-19 has made everyone's anxiety and stress go up. Sometimes a forum (any forum), allows posters to vent and post items they normally would not post.

I downloaded the ebook to my Kindle account and read it yesterday. Really read 3/4 of the history before jumping to the various recipes. You might find it useful as I did.

While the author made the generous offer to give his ebook free, he did NOT allow or give it away in any published fashion such as a paperback book or pdf file. The author controls how his copyrighted book can be parceled out, distributed or sold. While there are programs that convert Kindle to pdfs, the pdfs can only be used as a backup for your own computer and cannot be used to distribute or upload to others. Doing so would be considered copyright infringement and HBT would not even allow it.

For the record, I have never received any emails regarding anything involving Kindle and Amazon regarding any of their ebooks. Maybe things have changed, I have no idea. My point is that you are making an assumption that if you sign up, you will receive all kinds of emails. I'm not sure that is a correct assumption.

I hope everyone stays well....
Thank you for that info. Way back, "after" I typed my first my first post I thought about the copyright and single private use issue. Things got out of control after that rather quickly and ,,,,Oh well,, trying times to be sure.
As far as e-mail, I had a problem with some outfit that sold or gave away my e-mail addy and I ended up having to change it because I couldn't get a handle on the spam that came from it. That's why I'm a little gun shy. I'm going to climb back under my rock for a while,,,,,,
Thanks again for your calm insight.
Joel B.

(Dam it, I'm all out of "whine". snicker)

I didn't see where anyone mentioned Kindle Cloud Reader (Amazon's web based Kindle eBook reader).

While I prefer to read on my tablet, I did give Cloud Reader a try (Windows 10 / FireFox 74 / 1920 x 1080). It's a very usable book reader. One tip: there is a menu bar that is hidden until you mouse over the title of the book (which is at the top of the page). For this book, the links in the TOC are clickable. When you close the reader, it does remember your current location - and opens the book at that location when start up the reader again.

OK, I was willing to suck it up and climb back under my rock but,,,,,,
I just felt for the benefit of those not yet committed to DL'ing this Free E-Book that you know and if you are not yet a member of Amazon.
This is just a FYI for those that may care.
To get this Free E-book (and from what I hear, a good read) from Amazon they want/need your;
1. E-mail addy
2. Phone Number
3. Credit Card number
Just so you know ahead of time.
Stay well,
Joel B.

(Disclaimer: Any and all opinions have been removed from this post and just represents information that was requested from the above person when attempting to acquire said free E-book. YMMV)

Andreas, danke für dein kostenloses Buch!

When I was younger, I spent a few years studying and drinking in Austria & Germany, so I am eager to read this book. Sadly my favorite beer, an Austrian Marzen/German Helles from Augustiner Bräu - Kloster Mülln of Salzburg is not in the book.

Dean

Just sayin.
"i'm happy to brew, more beer has free shipping, but what sucks is when laymazon (bezos is a richtard) and 10 other lazy spammer idiots who bought my info email me with unneeded crap."

Back