Free Beer on Craigslist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sh** you not, I was about to do that same thing with this beer I recently purchased, its HORRID!!

50AC8306-F99C-4497-A48C-395B6A5895DB.jpeg

"a confluence of organic mushroom oil and sweat from the crotchular region of a yak"

"stagnant dung-inspired pond water"

Okay. I laughed out loud. Thank you OP.

Sh** you not, I was about to do that same thing with this beer I recently purchased, its HORRID!!

I had a couple of those at the local race track the other day and thought they were pretty good for a super easy drinking beer. I could easily spend an afternoon blazing through a 6 pack of em. Clearly your taste buds are broken.

Or came from the crotchlar region of a yak which just stepped out of a stagnant dung-inspired pond. Ummmm. My favorite.
Cheers

I also thought these were good.Maybe you got a batch that sat in a truck.

Could be. I tried giving them away at the last Cowboys game bbq and no one liked em. Might be a bad batch. I love all kinds of beer, not just IPAs. But this brew severely lacked in the hops department. Like none at all to bring balance

Just so this will live on after the craigslist ad expires, here's what he said:

Yeah, you read that correctly. Not sure if a freebie of this kind is in violation of one or numerous CL bylaws, but I guess I'm going to find out.
In 23 years of drinking beer of varying degrees of quality, I can say with absolute certainty that THIS is the worst beer I've ever had. Until now I have never met a beer that
I didn't get along with in SOME capacity. USUALLY even if a beer and I don't necessarily agree on the way it should taste, we are able to work through our differences and together arrive upon a conclusion which states happily that "this beer is alright." Sadly, that is not the case today.

The bad: the flavor of this colossal misstep in modern brewing is the musical equivalent of your neighbor's kid learning to play the clarinet; aggravating and flat, but the finish is what really stands out. If one were to gargle a confluence of organic mushroom oil and sweat from the crotchular region of a yak, one would experience an aftertaste similar to this embarrassing excuse for an IPA. It's that bad. I can almost hear the brewmaster saying "yeah, but it's ORGANIC" to which I would reply "So is vulture **** my good man." The smug organic stamp of authenticity only makes me hate this beer even more.
So I tried two of these beers. The first I poured out immediately assuming that improper storage or capping had rendered it into the stagnant dung-inspired pond water it so closely resembled. The second was to give this beer a fair shake, but to my supreme disappointment the second was equally detestable. I was going to pour the rest out but I didn't want to contaminate the city sewer system or create some potentially caustic and deadly amalgamation of of human waste and wasted effort. Which brings me to the good: I will offer these bottles of failure to any soul brave enough to take them on free of charge. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Must be 21 years old to accept.

And the beer itself:

ipa4.jpg

I had a neighbor/brew buddy that tried a smoked chipotle brown ale that was on par with this description only with added benefit of making your mouth burn! He was going to dump it. I told him to keep them on a back shelf at all competitions he entered and not mention it until asked. He would tell be people that it was a special beer and the "average beer drinker" would not appreciate the depth of flavor. 99 out of 100 that tried it would say how much they loved it and we would all quietly laugh our asses off!

I've passed this Orlando craft brewery a few times while vacationing and working out of Port Canaveral. I wondered about the beer styles they had. The brewery is right off the freeway. Never stopped, and it's just coincidental I see the beer as the subject of an amusing thread.
If that New Belgium beer went from Colorado to Texas it probably suffered a bit in transit, then again, that style of beer ain't to my likin' anyways. I've gotten the Fat Tire here in NJ and it seems a bit less fresh than expected, more or less mild and tame. Around here, I swear to God, I've found imports on the shelves that are a year or more old and it's led me to literally put beer back that doesn't have a "brewed on" or freshness date.

Could be. I tried giving them away at the last Cowboys game bbq and no one liked em. Might be a bad batch. I love all kinds of beer, not just IPAs. But this brew severely lacked in the hops department. Like none at all to bring balance

New Belgium advertises that beer as a 13 IBU blonde session ale. The hopping is fairly low. I've checked out New Belgium's current line and won't be sampling any of their commercial offerings now, or in the future.
Current quality was a secondary reason. The idea of an employee-owned company is a novel concept, but when the management decides to donate profits toward things I feel are ethically disagreeable, it wouldn't matter if it was the "best, tastiest beer in the world".

Yea, that beer style isn't supposed to have much, if anything, coming from the hops......it's basically as close to a light American lager (BMC) that an Ale gets.

https://www.bjcp.org/2008styles/style06.php

Back