Founders Imperial Stout Clone Recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DukeAC

Reaction score
Founders Imperial Stout is one of my favorites and I've been searching for a clone recipe, but haven't found anything. Are there any recipe's floating around out there? I've seen the various Founders Breakfast stout recipes, and was surprised to not be able to find one for the imperial stout. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I know this is a delayed response but I've had the same experience not being able to find a Founder's Imperial Stout recipe online. I haven't tried emailing Founders directly yet but I also live near Founders and hopefully can try to find out as much information in the taproom sometime soon.

I'm planning to brew an Imperial Stout in the next 2 or 3 batches and would like to make this one. If i find out anything, I'll post it here. O'Connors Homebrew shop is great with local beer knowledge and recipes too, so I will likely check with them as well. The beer is delicious and would be nice to have year round instead of its limited season.

I know this is a delayed response but I've had the same experience not being able to find a Founder's Imperial Stout recipe online. I haven't tried emailing Founders directly yet but I also live near Founders and hopefully can try to find out as much information in the taproom sometime soon.

I'm planning to brew an Imperial Stout in the next 2 or 3 batches and would like to make this one. If i find out anything, I'll post it here. O'Connors Homebrew shop is great with local beer knowledge and recipes too, so I will likely check with them as well. The beer is delicious and would be nice to have year round instead of its limited season.
Very interested in this if you hear anything or begin tinkering.

Very interested in this if you hear anything or begin tinkering.

I am very late in responding and also have not attempted brewing this yet, but I'll share the little bit I found out.

I asked one of the bartenders that has been there for years about the hops. Take it for what it is (he didn't seem entirely convincing he was certain) but he said Founders uses pretty all bittering hops in their Imperial Stout. Likely a mix of a ton of Centennial, some Nugget, and he may have said some Cluster or he could have been describing a "cluster mix" of bittering hops.

Not the most thorough or helpful response, but I wanted to at least share that. Hopefully more to come in the future.

Back