Found this at work!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArmyATCBrewer

Reaction score
I found this in a cabinet at work and it's obvious it hasn't been used for anything for quite some time. I know there has to be a homebrewing function in it's future...just trying to figure out what that function is (I'm pretty sure all homebrewers see every piece of equipment they come across as some sort of brewing equipment).

So here's the breakdown:
Double-walled, insulated SS. 5 gal capacity (the downside). Gaskets should probably be replaced and it needs a good bath and sanatizing.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418030600.158893.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418030622.549761.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418030649.368300.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418030689.431293.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418030708.143995.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418030727.570633.jpg

Suggestions? I'm thinking mash tun or ager. Cheers!

Looks like you could ferment in it, then rack from the bottom.

I would make that into a Mash tun, but the issue would be, how to get a false bottom into that thing.

You can't really boil in it over a flame since the insulation in those things are foam, unless you use an electric element?

I would make that into a Mash tun, but the issue would be, how to get a false bottom into that thing.

You can't really boil in it over a flame since the insulation in those things are foam, unless you use an electric element?

I was thinking the same. I would be limited to smaller batches due to the 5 gallon capacity, but if I can manage to install a SS braided hose, it may work.

If all else fails, you could probably use it as a HLT. Heat the water in your kettle and dump it in there to stay hot, some brewers actually use two coolers in their setup, one for the MT and the other for the HLT.

Back