Found one of these on Craigslist

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet, for only 9 grand I can brew with a system that requires me to clean out my mash tun before I can boil my wort, that's a bargain.

Seriously, I could make this system for a quarter of that even having to farm out the fancy valves and connectors.

Sweet, for only 9 grand I can brew with a system that requires me to clean out my mash tun before I can boil my wort, that's a bargain.

Seriously, I could make this system for a quarter of that even having to farm out the fancy valves and connectors.

I doubt it! Go online and check out how much those fancy sanitary fittings cost. You will be amazed how much they cost.

I doubt it! Go online and check out how much those fancy sanitary fittings cost. You will be amazed how much they cost.

So maybe, maybe they have $1500 in fittings, you could still put the rest of the system together for another 2k and still have a third of the investment. I'm just saying if I did have an extra 9k laying around I sure as heck wouldn't spend it on a system that lacks the creature comforts of 90% of the systems you see home built on here for a fraction of the cost. To have to clean out your mash tun to use for your boil kettle at 9k is simply unacceptable.

its an awsome system but... for 9 grand i could buy a more beer automated 20 gallon setup "and" a jacketed cooled conical. its not like you just push the go button and walk away, come back a few hours later and BAMMM! your beer is cooled, in the fermenter, and the yeast is pitched. if it did all that id buy it. hahaha

Who wants to be a cleaning monkey anyways? I'd forgo all automation on a brewing system, for one that cleans itself. Brewing is a pleasure, cleaning up sucks balls.

That thing is on sale it's normally 11 grand!! I'm a cheap Ba$!@rd and trying to piece my burtus together to come in under 1500. No way I'm in to brewing for 9 grand.

At the price of a decent used car, I'll stick with my propane burner, $40 pot, and plastic buckets.

Back