Found a bottle from the first batch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBroonery

Reaction score
Today I was drifting around in my parents basement and something caught my eye: A bottle from my first batch of homebrew, back in 2004! It was actually the 2nd batch I had brewed, the very first one got moldy in the primary. I don't remember this batch being particularly flavorful, the only folks I could get to drink it were my already inebriated frat brothers (key: pre-inebriated).
My brewing skill had evolved greatly even by the 3rd or 4th batches that followed. I've now done probably 25+ batches. This has got to be the only bottle from that first batch that still exists. I'm not drinking it, but there was a nice sediment layer on the bottom and judging by the bubbles when I shook the bottle, it is still well carbonated!
:ban::tank::rockin::D

At minimum crack and taste. I bet it is good. Throw 'er in the fridge and give it a few days.

Do it!

I've got bottles from 1997. One of each of my three first brews.

I can't bring myself to open them.

I do remember one being a band-aid brown ale, though. ;)

Whatever you do don't drink it. Send it to me and I will act as the kings taster and take all the risks for you at little or no charge....just trying to be helpful.:ban:

You shook it after it had 7 years to settle? I guess you'll have to wait another 7...

Back