FotHB V: KNO3 + S8 + C7H4O

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TwistedGray chooses PianoMan ... no IPAs, I win :)
Thanks man! Very true haha except maybe the surprise retail, unless you don't want an IPA.

I still have to contend with the Peach Wheat and hard limeade/lemonade but pretty sure it'll be worth the wait. To finish off and carb...looking at 2 weeks to ship?

I love labels, but I prefer good homebrew even more. It's kind of like when people say they are amazed at how much I like beer, and I tell them I probably like making it more than drinking it, and I REALLY like drinking it.

Yeah, I feel exactly the same. I love drinking beer, buying labels, and chasing whales. And I love making my own Homebrew as much.

Thanks man! Very true haha except maybe the surprise retail, unless you don't want an IPA.

I still have to contend with the Peach Wheat and hard limeade/lemonade but pretty sure it'll be worth the wait. To finish off and carb...looking at 2 weeks to ship?

No harm, no foul
No IPAs though, thx ... Bitterness isn't good for dah belly. Super low IBU IPA are probably fine, for whatever that's worth.

Ack, Count me in the camp of people who didn't notice that the pick was today. O.O

That said, I'm really happy with who I ended up with, so win/win? Again, Apologies @TwistedGray - and thanks for running everything. Looking forward to trying some tasty beer!

Looks like I missed this one, but if there’s interest out there I would like to do a side trade. I won a homebrew competition locally and brewed a variant of my recipe on their scale (20BBL). Cans are somewhat limited but I have a few extra I could trade. I also brewed a second homebrew batch to do a side by side but it’s not carb’d up yet. Would love some NE IPA homebrews or stouts or sours! I see some familiar faces on this thread so if we can work a trade I’d love it. I do have limited cans though considering they cost me $15/4 pack even though it’s my own beer [emoji23]

IMG_3469.jpg
IMG_3470.jpg
IMG_3450.jpg
IMG_3391.jpg
IMG_3390.jpg
IMG_3406.jpg

Last edited:
Got a side trade porch bomb from @PianoMan today. Looking forward to trying during this heatwave. Thanks bud. I’ll have your box out soon!
2v8pqb8.jpg[img]

Glad you like it. You should get another, assuming it survives the trip. That one would be hard to duplicate. I used dregs from Springdale sours I got from @Schecter in FOTD VIi. It was all lacto at first, but the farmhouse kicked in the last couple of months.

Last edited:
It was my first sour, so I kinda winged it. I’ll send you the info, but in short I pitched lacto to sour the cream ale wort for a month, then I secondaried with blueberries, and simultaneously pitched US05 and dregs from Springdale sours. And let it go for 6 months. Then keg carbed and bottle for another 2 months. I think the final character is coming from the dregs, imho. Tastes similar to the sours I got in the trade.

More lacto, iirc, but it's been a few weeks. As in, I really don't remember...I don't recall farmhouse though.

That makes sense. So I made a 6 gal batch, and carbed in two 3 gal parts. You got part 1, which tasted mostly lacto, and PianoMan got part 2 that sat 4 weeks longer in the fermenter, and started tasting more farmhouse. Funny how that worked out.

That makes sense. So I made a 6 gal batch, and carbed in two 3 gal parts. You got part 1, which tasted mostly lacto, and PianoMan got part 2 that sat 4 weeks longer in the fermenter, and started tasting more farmhouse. Funny how that worked out.

You mean to say you want another side trade, lol. I have an Imperial (what's higher than Imperial?) Cherry Sour in the works among others that should hit fermenters this week.

You mean to say you want another side trade, lol. I have an Imperial (what's higher than Imperial?) Cherry Sour in the works among others that should hit fermenters this week.

Ha, Anytime bud. You make some tasty, and interesting brews.

Hopefully we’ll get through this shipping hassle by then.

@PianoMan - Thanks for the bomb! How does this Rasp. Lemonade compare to previous batches? Same recipe? Also, should I force carb the Quad or drink as-is? Anddddd thanks for the Pinthouse glass...as I opened that box I was giddy thinking it must be a PH glass :)
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180731084651783_COVER.jpg

Back