Forward Sealing Faucets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landshark

HMFIC
Reaction score
Is Perlick the only manufacturer now?

I am searching around and in threads 3 years old I find Shirron and Ventmatics listed. Looks like they are out of business now.

Any other Forward Sealing Faucet manufacturers out there?

Why not get what's tried and true with Perlicks? Even if you found another manufacturer, I'm sure they'll be similar in cost.

Because I like to be different? I dunno. Just curious if Perlick was the only ones out there now.

Pretty sure they all either merged or died. Either way, the only one I know of is Perlick. FYI Perlick makes flow control ones now.

Because I like to be different? I dunno. Just curious if Perlick was the only ones out there now.

I wasn't meaning it to come across attacking or anything, I was just curious. As already mentioned, the only ones I know of are Perlicks.

Has anyone used the flow control faucets?

I'm wondering if the flow control can/will cut down foaming issues or what is the reason you'd want them.

I believe they add resistance without just adding line length. I don't know how long they've been out, but haven't heard much in reviews about them.

I believe they use specialized shanks. Be aware of this if you're going to go this route.

I believe they use specialized shanks. Be aware of this if you're going to go this route.

Do all the forward sealing faucets use special shanks or just the flow-control ones?

Wasn't that there was a batch of perlicks that wasn't sealing to standard shanks. Shouldn't be an issue if you buy the tap & shank at the same time (worst case the vendor should replace the shank because it is not ft for purpose). But if you buy the cheaper normal faucet, then change to perlicks you might has issues (don't know if this was sorted).

The flow control faucets specifically need a different shank. They won't just mount on any old shank like the 525/425.

Pretty sure the new Perlick Flow Control faucets are standard shank. All of the other ones don't though.

Back