Fortune cookie outsourcing or autocorrected fortunes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airplanedoc

Reaction score
Did they outsource the fortune generator position or are they just running it them thru autocorrect now?

Fortune cookies are made in the US. I used to live near a factory in Chicago(in Chinatown). They probably just have a US born grandson or something proofreading.

They are made in the US because they are an US product. Like much "Chinese" food in the US its anything but Chinese.

They are made in the US because they are an US product. Like much "Chinese" food in the US its anything but Chinese.

The first part is true..the second less so.
20%(or less) of the Chinese food in China is Cantonese, 90% of the chinese food in the US is Cantonese.

There are 3 other schools of chinese cuisine that are very minimally represented in the US. All 3 of which are IMO better than Cantonese...I guess americans just like fried food with sweet sauces..

cookie.jpg

The first part is true..the second less so.
20%(or less) of the Chinese food in China is Cantonese, 90% of the chinese food in the US is Cantonese.

There are 3 other schools of chinese cuisine that are very minimally represented in the US. All 3 of which are IMO better than Cantonese...I guess americans just like fried food with sweet sauces..

Cantonese food isn't fried, and usually doesn't have a sweet sauce. That's the American version. Just like pizza is Italian, but what we have is unrecognizable to someone from Italy, our Cantonese food is mostly unrecognizable to actual Cantonese.

I'd like to give a big shout out to Grand Szechuan in Alphabet City and New York Noodle town on the Bowery. Both have authentic Chinese food (cheap) that will knock your socks off.

What troubles some regarding American Chinese food I actually see as a triumph. Applying traditional Chinese cooking techniques to American ingredients and catering to a Western palate had to have been a difficult task, and Chinese immigrants did so handily. In fact, one of the most "American" shared experiences out there is going out for "Chinese Food". Pretty cool.

With that said, now that Northern Chinese are coming into the States in greater numbers they are bringing with them one of my favorite things in the world (that doesnt involve sex or video games)... Chinese noodle soup.

Since there were "lucky numbers" on the back, I think I will play them in the poweball

I guess I should have looked harder into my "pass" Once again I didn't win the powerball.

At lunch on a particularly bad day, I cracked open my fortune cookie and...it was empty.

Latest posts

Back