Forgot about two batches fermenting almost a year

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearscratch

Reaction score
I put two batches, one in a glass Carboy and one in a bucket to ferment last September and never got around to kegging them and at some point last winter my beer fridge died, and now I still have these two batches sitting in my basement. Who thinks I should dump and who says I should keg them up and give them a try. One was northern brewer extra pale ale and the other was northern brewer carriboux slobber. I've never left any sit over a couple months or so and most of the threads I searched people were wondering if 4-6 months was too long with mixed replies.

If they've been kept cool and taste okay, keg them. I suspect the biggest problem will be a lack of hop aroma, but that can be fixed in the keg. I kegged Belgian Gold that was 2 years old and it was great, even though it had been sitting in a carport the whole time.

They've been in my basement which is about 65 year round and in the furnace room that never sees any daylight. So I don't think the temp or anythings an issue.

I wold dry hop the pale ale for a week with one of the citrus hops(Amarillo, Cascade) then keg both. How much time/money have you really wasted if you keg both and they suck?

You've got to at taste them! some of the senior members have had a year long primary. And now we are all curious, go for it.

Latest posts

Back