force carbonating with a Philtap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpabian

Reaction score
I hope I don't violate any rules, but I searched high and low, and this forum was of immense help.

I recently got several mini-kegs and was curious about force carbonating 'em. With my initial purchase, I got a Philtap system and after weeks of Googling, I came to the conclusion that not many people were force carbonating mini-kegs.

To make a long story short, I don't currently have any room for a corny keg and a CO2 tank, but I can fit several mini-kegs, (5L) in the garage fridge. So after hours of research, I simply removed the valve from the schrader valve on the Philtap and hooked the CO2 tank right up to it for some force carbonation action.

It worked! And it worked extremely well. I used 12PSI and shook the heck out of it several times over a 30 minute window.

One of the reasons I wanted to post this here is so it would show up in Google.

I was very please with the results!

Comments & questions are welcomed!

Welcome to HBT! Now that you've gone to the trouble of signing up, you might as well hang out for a while. You are right, I don't remember ever seeing anything about force carbing mini kegs.

I will hang out. When I was brewing in the early 90's, the Internet was still fairly new.

I can't comment enough on the help and information I've found on Homebrewing. It's great!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Latest posts

Back