Force carbonating in Fermzilla gen 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewshna

Reaction score
Hi all,
i'm trying to force carbonate a very high FG DIPA and it won't get the amount of fizz i'm looking for.
My fermzilla is in a fridge at about 3C, I've had 1bar on it for 2 weeks and upped that to 1.5bar for two days. I'm inserting the CO2 through one of the top ball lock valves. The beer has an FG of 8P.
It has some fizz but no enough.
Does anyone have an idea what could be the problem? (last beer was a FG7 chocolate Stout that had even less CO2)

Yeast is long gone, its double dry hoped and most of the hops is also dumped. There's a ball lock valve on the lid I'm using to pump CO2 into it.

The butterfly valve is closed as there's hops in there. If I dump that, flush and open, I'll loose 1l beer and risk oxidation again. Also I thought pushing co2 through there wouldn't do much, as they bubbles are too big.

Didn't you add the dry hops thru that jar and a CO2 push when opening the valve. If not next time put a poppet valve on one hole. That way you can fill it with hops and purge the O2 then open the valve and they all rush into the beer. Now you don't have to lose any brew or oxygenate it. There's a video on you tube.
As far as the big bubbles,I think once it's equalized and at pressure that won't matter,and carbing will be overnite.

Back